Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And I thought waiting for production/delivery was bad...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I told myself ... "I've already waited two months for my car. What's another week?" as I dropped it off on Friday afternoon to sit in the shop's garage to wait for PPF/coating installation on Monday. That was a long weekend. It's an even longer Monday and an even LONGER Tuesday!

It should be done tomorrow with the wrap but then my detailer is going to apply the ceramic coat/glassparency. If the stars align I may be able to pick it up tomorrow night. Worst case scenario I have to pick it up on Thursday.

This has been the longest week of my life! (okay not really. that was the week waiting for my first kid to be born)

I just needed to let it out. Never thought I'd miss a car so much :(

And then it has to go into service for some period of time next week to get the issues resolved :mad::confused::D:eek:

I just want some alone time with my new car dangit!

/rant

Thanks!

In TX the prices were fairly standard, but the shop I went with was a good deal (I feel). They use suntek and I got the full wrap including front headlights for $4100, full ceramic coat over all exterior surfaces for $600 (no paint correction) and glassparency on the windshield with 3 years of free quarterly reapplication for $125.

The guys have been great to work with so far.

For another data point, another shop with XPEL quoted me $4500 for full wrap (no headlights) and $1500 for ceramic coat (with paint correction). Their glass ceramic coats were $100 per window.

In general, the prices were pretty even though. I ended up going w/ suntek/the shop for a few different reasons, but I feel like I could have been happy either way.

Interesting to note, but the shop only does PPF, the ceramic coatings are done through a detailer that works separately that came highly recommended by several friends, and then I'll be doing tint w/ a separate shop.

The XPEL shop would have done it all in one. There was convenience to be had doing it that way, but there were trade-offs.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx and P85_DA
She's back! In the garage, chilling. Day early, sort of. The guys were working until 8pm w/ the coating though, so really I should have picked it up tomorrow instead. But ... what the heck! Water under the bridge now. Found more defects in the car once everything was buffed and polished, some I will have to make the service center address. Nothing too serious though.

Reactions: P85_DA
No good pics yet. Wife was PISSED since I came home 1.5 hours later than expected. The guy finishing the ceramic spent more time than he said originally to make sure it was good and I didn't want to rush him. That made my wife late for her outing and so I had to put the kids to bed and yeah ... it's just sitting in the garage. Garage pics do it no good, so I'll try to snap a few tomorrow.

Trying to be careful not to open the door too much (passenger FWD) since the rubbing is still a little bad and I want to minimize that until service gets a chance to look at it until Tuesday. So basically, if I recall back when I owned my WRX on its forums, we said TTIWWIP (this thread is worthless without pics!) so I'll see if I can snap one or two tomorrow anyway.

Shame on me! :eek::eek::oops::confused:

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
38434504_249155879043319_5694957807921528832_o.jpg

This was a shot posted on the detailer's FB, but I don't have any outside pics. Maybe I'll get around to doing that this weekend

IMG_0794.jpg