Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And it begins... $120,000 for sale listing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

McRat

Jan 20, 2016
LA
I won't assist the weasel who is selling it, but already an early delivery is being scalped like a concert ticket.
This was to be expected, however it does raise an interesting point. How will this affect the queue when the resale is not supported by the market, which always happens with early SN cars that are not limited production.

Why weasel? More like an opportunist. If I was in the same shoes and someone gives me 120k (or even 80) for the Model 3, off it’ll go. I think you would do the same.

Nope, I'd drive the car. But then again, I pay cash for my vehicles.

I always get a chuckle out of folk who buy cars and don't drive them. What fun is that? They probably marry and stay celibate because they don't want to get 'it' dirty.

Now, $120k is not market value, or the car would have sold already. It will probably get relisted.

I'm thinking market value is no more than $20k over MSRP. It's not collectible and the Model S is available.

Last edited:
Smart move. Sell M3 and buy a MX ;)

That's exactly why I think $120k is joke. Even $70k is hard to support.

"Hmmm... used P100D with low miles, or a used 2wd 5 second Model 3..."

Like from the Terminator: (rough) - "When Skynet became Self-Aware, it decided our fate in a milli-second."

Not that I have a desire for P100D at this time, but at a dead minimum, the P100D will be worth twice as much as Model 3 in a year.
Few people will pay a premium for an early SN Honda Civic, but they will do it for a NSX.