Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And so the spread of the EV equivalent of japanese knotweed continues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A model 3, in 3-4 years will be like the Toyota Prius. that's a complement.
Next year I would say, two at the most. The best year for the Prius was 10.5k vehicles sold in the UK, with a total sold to date of around 105k.

The Model 3 is going to end the year around 25k to 30k vehicles with a total sold to date of 60k to 65k. Next year sales will be more than this year.

That's why I got blue one...
I got a blue one because it's just better looking. White is a blank canvas. Empty. Some like it because it's "just so CLEAN!!" but I don't like it. Glad so many others do, though, as I can find my car faster in the parking lot. Besides, white, black and grey are not colors, they're shades. The only colors Tesla has are red and blue. Luckily those of us who like color have a couple to choose from.

Depends on your personality, but I don't personally think ubiquity really diminishes desirability. I don't think it matters to car buyers at all, in general. The BMW 3-series surpassed the Mondeo in sales years ago becoming completely mainstream, but still retained its caché.
And I never understood BMW's "cache'". It's just another car that runs on gasoline and pollutes, makes noise, stinks, and accelerates WAY slower than Teslas. My son bought a BMW and tried to lose me driving through Phoenix. Didn't happen. Just because a bunch of people buy them doesn't make them a good car, just like Toyotas are a good car, and sell far more cars than BMW. What is it that makes BMW better?

With Tesla, the answer to that is "IT"S ELECTRIC!!", with all that entails. After that, it's good looking. Tesla gave it enough power to beat everyone at the light and the Model 3 is a great car for the money.

I'd like to know why all these car companies can't move away from gasoline power. Are they subsidized by big oil???

Rumors are that Giga Berlin will offer 3 new colors.

That said, we have white/white and still think it's beautiful no matter how many we see.
I’d happily delay my MY from March to June to get either the new Crimson or Blue from Giga Berlin. They look so much nicer, assuming the renders are to be believed!

Reactions: Dayreg
Was close to ordering a red Model 3 in November 2020, but after seeing the red and blue in dull UK weather they just didn't pop like they do in the photos so went with white and pocketed the £2k (for red) and spent it on PPF/Paint Correction and installing the EV charger. Both times I've been to the service centre I've had to honk the horn from the app to find it in the sea of white Model 3s!

That said when I'm out I see far more blue/black Model 3s compare to white, and I've not seen any white Model 3s with the v2 non-aero cap kit that I have.

They could definitely do with more colour choices, when I saw that Giga Berlin might only offer more variations of the same red/blue/grey I was a bit disappointed.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
That said when I'm out I see far more blue/black Model 3s compare to white, and I've not seen any white Model 3s with the v2 non-aero cap kit that I have.

They could definitely do with more colour choices, when I saw that Giga Berlin might only offer more variations of the same red/blue/grey I was a bit disappointed.
My first M3 was white and I do like the colour, but I see so many now that I had to go with another colour.

It is a shame the choice is so limited, but Tesla’s manufacturing model of not building to order and building in colour batches means choice is going to be limited. They should bring back silver.

Reactions: Doudeau
What’ll be more ‘progressive’ is when people stop quoting 0-60 numbers, as it makes zero difference. I they real world, it’s the 30-90 that matters and repeatability. There’s still live in ICE cars. Just as there’s an electric future. I really don’t get the pissing contest that people quote/try to start.

And I never understood BMW's "cache'". It's just another car that runs on gasoline and pollutes, makes noise, stinks, and accelerates WAY slower than Teslas. My son bought a BMW and tried to lose me driving through Phoenix. Didn't happen. Just because a bunch of people buy them doesn't make them a good car, just like Toyotas are a good car, and sell far more cars than BMW. What is it that makes BMW better?

With Tesla, the answer to that is "IT"S ELECTRIC!!", with all that entails. After that, it's good looking. Tesla gave it enough power to beat everyone at the light and the Model 3 is a great car for the money.

I'd like to know why all these car companies can't move away from gasoline power. Are they subsidized by big oil???
Not sure what any of this has to do with the price of fish, but BMW were around before Tesla were a twinkle in the eye of the guy Musk stole the idea from. But it was a lovely polemic, thanks.

My first M3 was white and I do like the colour, but I see so many now that I had to go with another colour.

It is a shame the choice is so limited, but Tesla’s manufacturing model of not building to order and building in colour batches means choice is going to be limited. They should bring back silver.
Silver apparently incoming along with crimson red and some new blue colour - from Berlin.