Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andersen EV charger support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I never used the Andersen app other than to lock the A2 when away on holiday, I always set charging schedule on my Model Y screen, that still works fine. I switched the A2 off at the consumer unit when away this weekend to avoid anyone stealing my electricity :)

Interesting to know what I could do in the event of a hardware failure though. If I had to replace the A2 is it as straightforward as having an electrician remove the A2 unit and replace it with an alternative using the same wiring? My naive head with zero knowledge of such matters tells me it should be that simple.
I recently swapped my Andersen out for a Zappi, the electrician was able to use the existing wiring and all went well.
I currently have a spare Andersen unit sat in the garage going cheap if anyone wants one!!

How is it fraud if the company has gone bust and theres no aftercare if your charger stops working?
The charger IS working though. You seemed to be insinuating lying to AMEX to say that it's broken.

One could argue that as far as customers are concerned nothing has changed. The app works, the chargers work, you just can't buy them at the moment or presumably get them repaired. That might be resolved with a new buyer, who knows, who might take it on as a going concern.

I don't think it's right to claim that something is broken when it isn't, just to claim money back on it.

Reactions: Adopado
So I never used the Andersen app other than to lock the A2 when away on holiday, I always set charging schedule on my Model Y screen, that still works fine. I switched the A2 off at the consumer unit when away this weekend to avoid anyone stealing my electricity :)

Interesting to know what I could do in the event of a hardware failure though. If I had to replace the A2 is it as straightforward as having an electrician remove the A2 unit and replace it with an alternative using the same wiring? My naive head with zero knowledge of such matters tells me it should be that simple.
I don't see any issues with it being replaced as it should be standard power cables and I saw that someone recently had it done.

Andersen have been bought by EVIOS Plc who say that they will honour warranties for existing customers and continue to provide the Konnect+ app service - https://andersen-ev.com/acquisition/
This is good news. My model y is only charging when it suits with the charger in dumb mode. Keeps stopping and restarting when I use the car to set the time of charge. I tried the Konnect app this evening and it’s not playing ball. I’m wondering if they are changing their service provider. I will keep trying over the next few days. Fortunately no long journeys until next Friday Giving me some breathing space.

I mean what is the warranty period from andersen? it is 3 years. most of you will have it off the warranty next year or so I presume?:)
3 years and originally they were going to start charging at some point for the app, hopefully they just make it more open as currently I don't have any intention to use the app again, never mind pay for it.
This is good news. My model y is only charging when it suits with the charger in dumb mode. Keeps stopping and restarting when I use the car to set the time of charge. I tried the Konnect app this evening and it’s not playing ball. I’m wondering if they are changing their service provider. I will keep trying over the next few days. Fortunately no long journeys until next Friday Giving me some breathing space.
Seems like you may have some sort of other issue that you may want to contact Tesla about, I've been using dumb mode on the Y for a while and its worked flawlessly. The only thing that comes to mind is that if the car does stop charging and a schedule is set then it might not start if that time has passed, so perhaps look into what might cause the initial stopping of the charge.

3 years and originally they were going to start charging at some point for the app, hopefully they just make it more open as currently I don't have any intention to use the app again, never mind pay for it.
Just turn it into dumb charger and forget it then. and once warranty expires - then fingers crossed. so it won't be really important I believe if you have warranty or not.

My pod-point has app. I never use it. I just use it as dumb charger. less points to fail

Reactions: Rooster6655
Impressively, evios seem to sell chargers that are even more expensive than the Andersen's!

Will be interesting to watch if/how they start trying to merge the back ends etc. If your Andersen is online they can remote update to new code pretty much as they please. OTA updates are only exciting when you vaguely trust your supplier.

Equally, given the product and pricing similarities, I wonder what Andersen got so wrong that the competitor can afford to buy them out? It can't just be the price of diesel for vans Vs electrons for MG5's?

The cost of the Evios One, which starts at £1,195, does include installation and wired hub so probably on a par with a Zappi. It terms of function it’s vey similar to the Zappi with solar PV integration though think that involves an extra unit. Aesthetically it is pretty ugly (why the blue cable???), so can see the attraction of buying Andersen.

From what I can work out Evios started in February 2021 (as Smartcharge Sytems Plc) and launched the Evios One in April. They do seem to have a number of former Chargemaster people involved which isn’t surprising as Evios founder and CEO is David Martell, who also founded Chargemaster.

Impressively, evios seem to sell chargers that are even more expensive than the Andersen's!

I expect the price of Anderson will increase, I wouldn't be surprised to see it selling for £2k as if it was a choice between Evios and Anderson its a no brainer if they are similarly priced.

Equally, given the product and pricing similarities, I wonder what Andersen got so wrong that the competitor can afford to buy them out? It can't just be the price of diesel for vans Vs electrons for MG5's?
Evios is well funded it seems which is what is needed in this business, especially when you are using your own engineers.

Anderson was resorting to things like Crowdfunding (twice), feel sorry for the original investors who got completely ignored after Anderson took their money.

I suspect they were poorly funded from the start which meant it was difficult for them to scale and become profitable, especially with lack of recurring income and warranty issues.

Reactions: Durzel
I expect the price of Anderson will increase, I wouldn't be surprised to see it selling for £2k as if it was a choice between Evios and Anderson its a no brainer if they are similarly priced.

Evios is well funded it seems which is what is needed in this business, especially when you are using your own engineers.

Anderson was resorting to things like Crowdfunding (twice), feel sorry for the original investors who got completely ignored after Anderson took their money.

I suspect they were poorly funded from the start which meant it was difficult for them to scale and become profitable, especially with lack of recurring income and warranty issues.
Using their own installers up n down the country was mad. Running cables, installing a charge point is all commodity services (now, I guess). But there was one guy that covered Newcastle and north, said he was lucky to do 1 install a day with 100's of miles driven. Even if they had batched up 4 in Edinburgh, subbed the cable pull and CU connection so he could do the Andersen specific bit 4 times a trip they may have still been here.

I hope they start offering people a unit only price, as they are still the best looking chargers out there. Really high WAF rate Vs most the alternatives.

I see Anderson (aka EVIOS) are advertising on TMC

1670321955457.png

Reactions: Durzel