Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android vs Apple Phone door open delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Schroeder0202

2019 Stealth/White/Black/20 inch Tsportline
May 8, 2019
IL
Recently switched from apple to note 10 android.
Ive noticed when going to open the door there is delay now.
Sometimes its as bad that you physically have to hold the handle open for a second or 2 or try it a 2nd time before it will actually unlock.
The apple device seemed to open door immediately.
Anyone else having these issues or can recommend a repair?

My wife and I have Samsung S8+ phones, and we sometimes encountered issues with unlock. Someone on another thread suggested that on Android phones, "power management" should be disabled for the Tesla App. I changed the setting on both phones and we have not had any difficulties since. And I have checked my power usage and the Tesla App doesn't seem to have been affected.

Worth a try/

• Informative
Reactions: Kant.Ing
i have an iphone X and almost everytime i need to pick up my phone (take it out of my pocket) for the car to open. i dont need to unlock the phone, but just make the screen appear.

anyway around this, its pretty annoying
i got rid of my iphone x for note 10 and never had that issue. I also did not have my screen locked (only swipe), maybe that has something to do w it in your case. My new phone is also not locked. seems to be more of a bluetooth issue or something

I'm still using an iPhone 6s and it unlocks immediately for me, like, 95% of the time (doesn't matter if phone is in pocket or not). The other 5% of the time there is a second delay (sometimes two seconds).

My delay always occurs when I have to enter the PIN to drive. Sometimes the screen is immediately responsive, other times I have to wait 5 or 6 seconds before it lets me enter my PIN.

you've been hacked!
Funny thing is even though I could let myself in via unlocking the car I still could not drive it. The car seen the phone but didn't see it as a valid key. Rebooting the phone resolved the issue and of course I had my Tesla keycard as a backup. When IOS13 is made public I'm going to wipe my phone and restore settings from itunes backup. Helps if the phone has been hacked. ;) But also helps after patching the OS countless times and going through a ton of apps.

I guess I misspoke yesterday. Mine does not unlock the door just by walking up to it, meaning I don't hear it unlock. I have to push the end of the handle in and then it immediately unlocks. I don't know if this is normal or not. However, on the other hand. my Tesla playboy car rarely works no matter how or where I wave, tap, or slap it in the key card area of the pillar.