Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying tesla things?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,
Anyone else hate the fact you can’t turn the wiper blades off while in cruise control? Auto goes mental when there is hardly any rain and sometimes in the dry.
Second.
Joe mode is still super loud. I can’t believe you can’t turn the chimes down.
Third.
Has anyone had their wing mirrors randomly fold in for no reason while driving? I can’t figure out a way to move them out again. They just decide to pop out after a while.
Anything else?

Reactions: Audietron
Hey,
Anyone else hate the fact you can’t turn the wiper blades off while in cruise control? Auto goes mental when there is hardly any rain and sometimes in the dry.
Second.
Joe mode is still super loud. I can’t believe you can’t turn the chimes down.
Third.
Has anyone had their wing mirrors randomly fold in for no reason while driving? I can’t figure out a way to move them out again. They just decide to pop out after a while.
Anything else?
Your car is probably too tired and grumpy, probably that time of the month 🙄🤪
My experience, it does all the dramas if you don't regularly reboot at software and hardware level. Just like any other computing system. After all it's car build around computer.

For immediate issue, soft reset with pressing both scroll wheel for 10 seconds will fix few software issues. I do this weekly and it keeps car smooth.

For bigger issues, hard reset, by first go to services->wheel change->noted own current option-> change to anything new-> let car reset -> follow process to set the original wheel type which will reset again... before driving.

Speed of wiper is something to so with sensitivity, no relation with cruise control whatsoever... press the yolk to pop up wiper settings and change sensitivity.

Car is build around computer, you couldn't completely get rid of chime... same as you can't get rid of refrigerator chime if left open.

Another glitch 😄
Regenerative breaking not working for a while
oh lord, first EV?

Regen depends on the batteries ability to take charge, if its full or cold (indicated by a dotted part of the regen bar) it cant regen. Cars now have an option to blend brakes in if there is insufficient regen. Its in the menus, read the manual.

You can totally mute some chimes, I dont hear any in my car unless they are warning noises. Its in the menus, read the manual.

The wipers are needed for any automated driving as it is camera based.

oh lord, first EV?

Regen depends on the batteries ability to take charge, if its full or cold (indicated by a dotted part of the regen bar) it cant regen. Cars now have an option to blend brakes in if there is insufficient regen. Its in the menus, read the manual.

You can totally mute some chimes, I dont hear any in my car unless they are warning noises. Its in the menus, read the manual.

The wipers are needed for any automated driving as it is camera based.
Well Regenerative breaking off for me with batteries at 50%, so enough to take charge, temperature in 17-23 outside when driving... still mostly off for last 3 days for no reason. Only other reason it goes off is when frequently used, like in traffic jam breaking frequently, but nothing like that happened.

I had driven car without wipers on, when on FSD it just drives normal with almost zero visibility from windscreen... either it's just my car, or it's the case as car got multiple cameras...

More we use FSD, ACC or similar features, more chimes there..

sell your damned tesla buy an audi etron. give us all a break.
What's your problem? Do you work for tesla or what?
I agree on Damed Tesla bit... how it feels finally calling tesla what it is? Must be reliving 🙂

I noticed you don't like anyone discussing tesla issues, but you are still on forum designated to discuss features and issues... take it easy, Don't be hard on yourself.

Can i add one thing. Long time reader, first time poster.

I find it annoying if you push the indicator stack past the half way point because you want to indicate for a long time, but not quite make it to the end, then it doesnt activate the indicator or blind spot camera at all.

Can i add one thing. Long time reader, first time poster.

I find it annoying if you push the indicator stack past the half way point because you want to indicate for a long time, but not quite make it to the end, then it doesnt activate the indicator or blind spot camera at all.
I agree. Whats wrong with a normal indicator stalk. Ive had a few times where Ive indicated and it hasnt come on and Ive just changed lanes without noticing it hasnt been on.

I agree. Whats wrong with a normal indicator stalk. Ive had a few times where Ive indicated and it hasnt come on and Ive just changed lanes without noticing it hasnt been on.
Probably require service appointment... create an appointment under others and service will start chatting with you before confirming.
I had few Regenerative break and similar issues and some were answered before even going to service center.

A current annoyance is how grabby and panic-inducing the corrective steering function is.

Without fail it will correct me at a roundabout, thinking i am steering into the wrong lane.

Most commonly at motorway off-ramps, it will try and pull me back as a edge closer to the left line.

• Funny
A current annoyance is how grabby and panic-inducing the corrective steering function is.

Without fail it will correct me at a roundabout, thinking i am steering into the wrong lane.

Most commonly at motorway off-ramps, it will try and pull me back as a edge closer to the left line.
Welcome to the club...
There are probably videos of me fighting with me possessed demonic car at different part of roads..
One of the place at sandringham, if I forget snd leave it at auto, on a straight stretch if road from shopes towards St. Luke's mall - car will literally pull all the way left at intersection (because lane straight becomes almost double for some 50 meters) and then pull back... I get shock myself and mean look from others.

Also on Harbour bridge, on way to city, if I let car navigate on auto, it will take me to extreme right lane, only to pull back at middle of menuver, followed by lane change to second right lane, only to again get back to extreme right lane...

With my liking for horror movies, my friends say that I finally managed to get my hands on possessed computer and allowing to let drive car. 😄😄👻

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli