Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual service price increased by 50%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you're trying, and successfully, to be funny ;) But did you click on "Read Agreement"?

Here is the fine print...Hope this helps.

upload_2016-12-6_9-51-42.png

• Informative
Reactions: Lex
You can do the service items individually, e.g. cabin filter replacement, and not have to pay the full amount. Items such as the key fob battery (the car should alert you when it's getting low) and wiper blade replacement I believe are relatively easy to do yourself. The recommended schedule is very helpful in determining what needs to be done, and when.

So... What happens if you don't take it in for this "service"? Does Tesla void your warranty? What if you wait til 100,000 miles? Do they give you the 50,000 mile tune up for the $900?

Since you only took ONE year to go four years' worth of service, why are they replacing the battery coolant every year? It wears out? I don't believe it. Sounds like battery coolant should be replaced every four years. For me, that's over 150,000 miles.

I don't think I'll take mine in. Let's see what happens.

For that matter, the mechanic down the street can change wiper blades and check alignment. As far as coolant, how hard is that? I think Tesla is grossly overcharging (nothing new here, folks) for unnecessary "service". My opinion.

I was at the service center and ask the same exact question. The warranty won't void if you don't do the service as stated by the service advisor ;)

I was at the service center and ask the same exact question. The warranty won't void if you don't do the service as stated by the service advisor ;)

Tesla's recommended service interval is every 12,500 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. It does not void the warranties if you skip it, but there are special cases for leases and the buy back guarantee that may apply (neither apply to me so I never looked into them).

I drive about ~30K miles/year so going several times a year wasn't going to happen. I've had the annual every year on my car's delivery birthday. Just had my third.

Pricing to 80K miles:

1) 1st Annual: $600
2) 2nd Annual: $400
3) 3rd Annual: $750

No extra charges other than the annual were in any of them. The car, to 80K miles, has cost me nothing more from Tesla. I've done tire rotations, got a new set of tires etc, but maintenance is just the annuals.

Their annual service prices have changed over time and I don't know how much they really do on a "normal" annual. My experience is that they find some things that are no longer under warranty and fix them for free. That's happened each time for me. Those are wearable items like suspension, brakes not more concerning things.

Overall, compared to an ICE car, I think it's all very fair. It remains to be seen how these prices scale down (or not) for the 3.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911