Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

another $5k drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke to my advisor and the manager at my delivery location in Rockville. They are adding the additional 5k discount as the car is still classified as “new.” That will be in addition to the market adjustment you already committed to. My new price is $81,770 out the door with dest fee and order fee inclusive in that number with a $9860 market adjustment and $89990 sales price.

I went to view the car last Saturday—immaculate paint, no panel gaps, one small interior issue they fixed on the spot. Car had 9 miles in it total!

Very pleased with this deal!
I was in the same boat but my Tesla center is saying they won't adjust the price again. Very frustrating and probably going to push me to buying a truly "brand new" one.

Reactions: Nickos
to the best of my memory the residual was in the neighborhood of $69,000 so what you say makes sense.

I’m not entirely sure why Tesla did it that way unless it was simply to discourage lessees from buying cars at lease end. Other automakers leasing EVs typically deduct the tax credit from the purchase price and keep the residual/LEV unchanged. By adding the $7,500 to the residual, Tesla essentially forced customers to pay for the $7,500 tax credit if they wanted to buy the car.

The fact they removed the parking sensors is enough to keep me from buying one. The have saved me so many times on my 3 and S I don't think I'll ever buy another Tesla until they actually have something that works as good, or they go back to sensors.

I am certain come 2024 we'll still be waiting on Tesla to have an alternative to the removal of parking sensors. Instead of dropping the price another 5k, they should have dropped it only $4,700 and kept the sensors in the car.

I just walked away from delivery, when I order, I was quoted a $36000 for my trade, plus an additional $5000 for having free supercharging. ( in writing ) When the final paperwork was done, they only gave me $36000 for the trade and said the $5000 was included. Which is total BS, so basically my Model X is worth 31k. They are playing games. Congratulations on the new owner of overprice model S, with HW4.

I just walked away from delivery, when I order, I was quoted a $36000 for my trade, plus an additional $5000 for having free supercharging. ( in writing ) When the final paperwork was done, they only gave me $36000 for the trade and said the $5000 was included. Which is total BS, so basically my Model X is worth 31k. They are playing games. Congratulations on the new owner of overprice model S, with HW4.
Yeah, that is unfortunate. We didn't bite on the $5000 extra since there was no way to really know if they were just going to reduce the trade-in value by that much. I guess you've confirmed that was the case.

Reactions: MakeUSGreat
The fact they removed the parking sensors is enough to keep me from buying one.
I have a 2018 Tesla Model 3 that I would like to refresh, but losing the parking sensors, getting HW4 without the new placement of cameras makes this moment in time a bad idea for me to move forward. I’ll wait, even if it means the price may go up a bit.

My second big boy purchase after graduating. so glad I cancelled my order back in Jan. I am saving about 20k. this new price and all the updates are worth forfeiting $250 deposit back in Jan. Then the ultra red. Can wait to get my order. Hope I like the tempest wheels because messed up all Tesla Rims in the past.

Reactions: Propofoln