Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery of my White LR, Gemini, with Tow no FSD yesterday. Car has a 79xxx vin.

I got a call from my SA the morning before, if I wanted to pick up that night. I told her I prefer to pick up the car during the daytime. Then told me to come first thing in the morning. I got to the Fremont Showroom about 30minutes before they opened next morning. Saw my Y parked at the designated parking stall outside. Took me and my wife a little over an hour to look over the whole car. Exterior panel and trim gaps were perfect. Front/Rear bumper paint matched really well with the rest of the car. All electrical works except for the folding rear seats. Windshield wiper washer works. Car drove really smooth, and a lot quieter than my old S. Car looked great and only found some minor issues. Already made an appointment with SC to bring it in.

Exterior:
- Taillight needs to be aligned
- Left headlight had a bigger gap than the right
- Passenger front window sticking out a bit

Interior:
- Found couple of minor scratches on the headliner. (Not sure if they can fix that)
- Folding rear seats will not fold from the trunk control unless you press both at the same time. It looks like they were installed too tight together when you try to only fold one side.

Overall I am happy with the car. I can live with most of the issues, they are not that noticeable unless you inspect the car closely. But what a huge difference with this pick up compare to when I picked up my S back in 2016. I still remember the red carpet treatment.

Attachments

• y2.jpg
    y2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 119
  • y5.jpg
    y5.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 103
  • y7.jpg
    y7.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 103
  • y6 (2).jpg
    y6 (2).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 112
  • y4 (2).jpg
    y4 (2).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Must have been lucky, no major issues with the car at all. Spent about 45 mins looking it over with checklist in hand, I even checked upset the car. They were nice enough to charge it while I was inspecting it. Had all upgrades I asked you about. Only found one issue with tape on the glass top but I was able to push it back in without issue. Panel gaps were spot on, no issues with light alignment, paint was flawless (after removing some sticky residue). All in all I had a great experience and so happy with the car. I hope you get your stuff fixed. Keep us posted.

Reactions: CleverUsername
Must have been lucky, no major issues with the car at all. Spent about 45 mins looking it over with checklist in hand, I even checked upset the car. They were nice enough to charge it while I was inspecting it. Had all upgrades I asked you about. Only found one issue with tape on the glass top but I was able to push it back in without issue. Panel gaps were spot on, no issues with light alignment, paint was flawless (after removing some sticky residue). All in all I had a great experience and so happy with the car. I hope you get your stuff fixed. Keep us posted.

Thats awesome... What configuration did you order?

Hoping SC don't give me that "with in" specs excuse. I'm taking it to the Fremont SC. I'm hoping that their customer service is better, since it's close to the factory.

Update:

Dropped my car off at Fremont SC on 12/15, and got it back 12/23.

Exterior:
1.) Headlight gap is better. There still a small gap but a lot less noticeable now unless you look at it about a foot away.
2.) Tail lights are now aligned.
3.) Front passenger windows adjusted. It’s now aligned and flushed. No longer sticking out.

Interior:
1.) They were able to remove scratches on headliners.
2.) SA said only fix for the rear seats was to install a washer that will raise the small seat about 2 inches higher. Elected not to go with the fix for now hoping that the seats loosen up on its own over time.

Extra:
1.) SC notice an issue with my passenger rear door not closing properly. Usually need to slam it harder compare to the other door. They adjusted the rubber seal around the door. It’s now closing better. SC said the rubber seals needs time to soften up. Also pressure from inside can cause it.
2.) SC also fixed a tailgate gap I did not notice and was not a big issue to me.

Overall I’m really happy that they were able fix about 90% of my issues. SC was great with communicating with me the whole time. My Y definitely looks a lot better compare to when I took delivery.