Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another round of how much will it cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was backing into the garage I clipped the rubber on the door. It left a healthy scratch and a small dent in the bumper.

I would assume the full bumper cover will need to be replaced and then repainted. Anyone have a ballpark I am looking at?

I'm just glad I didn't touch the aluminum.

Attachments

• IMG_3892.JPG
    IMG_3892.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3893.JPG
    IMG_3893.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3894.JPG
    IMG_3894.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3895.JPG
    IMG_3895.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 110
I got an estimated from a Tesla certified body shop for a similar accident. To make it perfect it will cost a little over $1000, if it's just touch up without removing the bumper (will not look perfect) should be less than $100. You should shop around as most body shops will give you the most expensive option only.

@Wknapp0924 If you just get some touch up paint and buff it out, it won't be perfect, but will save you $2K-$3K plus the hassle and cost of having to drive a rental (or a deductible an insurance increase plus a carfax hit if you choose file a claim). So I guess the cost depends on how much you care your car looks perfect.

Had similar (actually actually a smaller scratch, but same depth in the same area) damage and the Tesla authorized body shop told me it would be over $2k for a proper fix or they could put touch up paint on it for free.

I chose the touch up paint.