Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Superbottle and Coolant valve failure - 2018 LR RWD at 108k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It finally got me. My 2018 Long Range RWD with 108k miles on it finally started showing the following two error codes in the service menu:

VCFRONT_a210_coolantValveCalib
VCFRONT_a249_coolantValveBadMode

Some of the symptoms I was having that made me check the service menu was that the car would never precondition to the right temp. I could be navigating to a supercharger 140 miles away and it would precondition the entire time, but when I arrived, it would charge and show that the battery was being heated for a decent portion of the charge. My charging curves were also pretty limped at times. In addition the AC was having a hard time keeping the cabin cool and the radiator fan would run wide open even when taking it easy and driving slowly or at highway speeds. I also verified that something was up by running a thermal systems check in service menu and it failed.

Contacted Tesla, and this will costs about $986 to replace. Replacing the Superbottle (Part number: 1111740-00-A) and 5-way valve (Part Number: 1133873-00-A). Total parts was $376.76 and labor was $504. Its scheduled to get replaced August 30th.

Anyone else gone through this yet?

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
It finally got me. My 2018 Long Range RWD with 108k miles on it finally started showing the following two error codes in the service menu:

VCFRONT_a210_coolantValveCalib
VCFRONT_a249_coolantValveBadMode

Some of the symptoms I was having that made me check the service menu was that the car would never precondition to the right temp. I could be navigating to a supercharger 140 miles away and it would precondition the entire time, but when I arrived, it would charge and show that the battery was being heated for a decent portion of the charge. My charging curves were also pretty limped at times. In addition the AC was having a hard time keeping the cabin cool and the radiator fan would run wide open even when taking it easy and driving slowly or at highway speeds. I also verified that something was up by running a thermal systems check in service menu and it failed.

Contacted Tesla, and this will costs about $986 to replace. Replacing the Superbottle (Part number: 1111740-00-A) and 5-way valve (Part Number: 1133873-00-A). Total parts was $376.76 and labor was $504. Its scheduled to get replaced August 30th.

Anyone else gone through this yet?
My error was ‘high voltage needs to power up’. 2018 LR 96k miles. Frankly, i don’t have much confidence but then I don’t work on Teslas. Charge is $1318 which includes 390 for diagnostics. Not a happy customer.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles