Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another thread on charging on salvage cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, OP would get a lot more willing audience if they were to argue the SC removal on merits, not just abuse the word "illegal, illegal, illegal". Illegal has a very specific definition that this doesn't match - using/abusing that accusation waters down your argument and inspires people to roll their eyes - even if they're on your side.

I called it "noise" because none of this is new to you. You have been posting on the same topic here since Dec of 2020 (supercharging removal from salvage cars), in various threads, with the same talking points as this one.

Thats why I said you already know all this, its not new to you, you know teslas position on this and have your own (that its illegal). Even though you post repeatedly its illegal, I dont know if you have taken legal action yet but if so, you have not communicated it.

Thus, its the same talking points, repeated (repeatedly). You are welcome to do so, but some others may be trying to tell you stuff you already know.
Ok, noise in that it’s not new to me. That’s fine. Just wasn’t clear that’s what you meant. My opinions on the matter have evolved and keeping it alive here. Thanks.

I can't wait until someone sues Tesla over this. They have no right removing features from cars that they do not own. Furthermore the supercharging network should be considered public infrastructure; everyone should have the right to use it.

And what's the most ridiculous about all this is that they supposedly allow salvaged non-Tesla EVs in some countries use their supercharging network, but not salvaged Teslas.

Oh and what does the word salvage mean really? It means that the car is rebuildable - by definition. It can be salvaged / saved / restored. That's what people do with salvage cars - they restore them. Once fixed (if fixed correctly) it's roadworthy and should have access to the charging network. The *least* they could do is allow cars that pass the HV inspection to supercharge.

/rant

I can't wait until someone sues Tesla over this. They have no right removing features from cars that they do not own. Furthermore the supercharging network should be considered public infrastructure; everyone should have the right to use it.

And what's the most ridiculous about all this is that they supposedly allow salvaged non-Tesla EVs in some countries use their supercharging network, but not salvaged Teslas.

Oh and what does the word salvage mean really? It means that the car is rebuildable - by definition. It can be salvaged / saved / restored. That's what people do with salvage cars - they restore them. Once fixed (if fixed correctly) it's roadworthy and should have access to the charging network. The *least* they could do is allow cars that pass the HV inspection to supercharge.

/rant
First I'm glad to learn that the BritneySpears poster has a long history of Tesla shaming. I did not know that.

As for the Tesla Supercharging network should be public infrastructure, I disagree. It is a private network for Tesla owners only, for now. That may change in the future as they have announced plans but for now it is private. As long as Tesla's have access to all charging networks, I will support that decision. It will bring in even more revenue to the Tesla piggy bank. :) I think Tesla will keep up the network expansion to support those few non-Tesla EV's who would use our network anyway.

I learned that in many states you can register your salvaged rebuild car to drive legally on the public roads. But that law does not extend to require a manufacturer to honor it for warranty, or features from their network.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Yeah, OP would get a lot more willing audience if they were to argue the SC removal on merits, not just abuse the word "illegal, illegal, illegal". Illegal has a very specific definition that this doesn't match - using/abusing that accusation waters down your argument and inspires people to roll their eyes - even if they're on your side.
It's passion, hyperbole, exaggeration, and euphemism but I'm not abusing anyone. If I'm abusing an entity then it's not going to care.

Bought a salvage title Tesla not knowing that branded title Teslas get banned from SC.

I've read mixed reports on third party fast charging with CHAdeMO adapter.

Has anyone confirmed if they're still able to fast charge through third party after getting banned from Tesla SC?

Bought a salvage title Tesla not knowing that branded title Teslas get banned from SC.
Why would you do this?

• Disagree
Reactions: shad9876
@shad9876

1656088003658.png

Honestly though, good luck. I hope that cca/Chademo works out for you, these cars are meant to be fast charged so you can actually use them.