Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Wheel Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Aarons12

Enjoying my Pearl White LR AWD with inductions
Jan 24, 2020
long island, NY
I ordered a LR AWD, with the upgrade available last month to the sport wheels. Then last week the order was updated to the 19" Gemini wheels. Now it's been updated again and shows the 20" induction wheels.

The bigger wheels theoretically reduce the range, and reduce driving comfort. but of course they look sharp. A chat with a tesla rep found that they don't know either and are getting lots of questions.

Anybody care to share thoughts on why they might have done this and what the ramifications are?

I ordered a LR AWD, with the upgrade available last month to the sport wheels. Then last week the order was updated to the 19" Gemini wheels. Now it's been updated again and shows the 20" induction wheels.

The bigger wheels theoretically reduce the range, and reduce driving comfort. but of course they look sharp. A chat with a tesla rep found that they don't know either and are getting lots of questions.

Anybody care to share thoughts on why they might have done this and what the ramifications are?
Interesting. Not sure if its a glitch or what. No changes on my LR RWD order; still showing 19" Gemini.

Reactions: Aarons12
So i am leaving my order alone. for whatever reason, it shows me getting the 20 inch induction wheels and the price went up but not as much as if i place a new order with the induction wheels. the order quote is still lower with the gemini wheels, but only $500. i guess this is just part of the fun of Tesla!

Same here. I just got an e-mail from my Tesla salesperson today asking for my order number so she can follow-it as delivery is coming sooner than expected. I paid $1500 on my original order for 19" wheels and was upgraded now to the 20" induction wheels at the same price. I would rather have the 19" wheels and get my $1500 off but I suspect they will just re-price the car if I edit my order so the base will go up $990 and I would only save $510 (vs. the $1500 savings if they upgraded 18" aero wheels). Now I can get the 20" wheels essentially for $510 but I'm not sure I want them if it reduces range, increases the risk for side-wall tire damage, and I'm afraid black wheels will easily show damage.

• Informative
Reactions: EchoDelta