Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-ICE extension cable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there...did you ever end up getting this cable? If so, how is it working out? I am in the market for one.

They are making a special version that has a Tesla plug on one side (to plug into the Model S) and a J1772 on the other end where you plug in the public charger. The advantage is that on the car you have the Tesla plug that properly locks and when using this cable you don't also need the adapter. I have not received it yet as he had some problem making it but hopefully it will come soon. In 10 months of ownership on my Model S I have to say I hardly miss it. Quite frankly I only use public charging when it's free and only if it's convenient. Many times I don't even bother. I always have enough range. So I don't think I will use the cable much at all. I will still get it for those road trips or the unexpected situations.

I don't agree with that at all. I'm more concerned about me hitting someone than I am about them hitting a parked car. If you back in you have far better visibility when pulling out, and because you've seen that the parking space you're about to back into is clear, you have better visibility backing in as well.

I'd rather drive the long road home with both headlights and one taillight as opposed to only one headlight. Besides I'm sure you would leave a note on their car but we both know they will never leave one on your car that they just schwansed.
--