Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anxiously waiting an AWD review / videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get my AWD tomorrow, I can post some data later this week. I don't have performance testing equipment so it'll just be anecdotal 0-60 times. My buddy drives a 3LR so I can see how the 0-20 feels in mine vs his on Saturday too.

Range data will be a little harder to get, I plan to slam the pedal for a long time so my numbers are going to be off. :)

As an AWD orderer (who could technically change to RWD) I would gladly contribute to a fund to buy you a Dragy or equivalent device to get us all some data!

He never says "It is much faster than my S75 RWD" Because he owns a 2017 100D seen here:

Completely false premise Knightshade.

No, you just didn't bother to follow the conversation.

HERE is the post I was replying to-

Just saw this thread on the Tesla Forum : Tesla

Now actually go to that link.

Tesla

That link that was posted before your made-up-their-own-times video was.

It's a thread from a guy reviewing an AWD model 3. Non P. And he owns a RWD S 75.

IN THAT THREAD the dude says exactly what I said he did.

Presumably he's not the same guy as in your video.

Nothing "false" here other than your understanding.

Also- I just noticed. You have 3 total posts here.

All 3 in this thread- the first being posting that P video (in a thread not actually about the P), the second offering more info on that P video, and the third just now posting ANOTHER video of the same dude.

Are you him trying to drum up views or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: P85_DA
I get my AWD tomorrow, I can post some data later this week. I don't have performance testing equipment so it'll just be anecdotal 0-60 times. My buddy drives a 3LR so I can see how the 0-20 feels in mine vs his on Saturday too.

Range data will be a little harder to get, I plan to slam the pedal for a long time so my numbers are going to be off. :)

Let me know what part of LA/OC u are at and can bring my dragy out

• Disagree
Reactions: Numonefan
I got the AWD it’s AmAzInG!

Idk how you guys measure the range but I’ve been getting to work and back and having fun while driving there and still am left with 50% and only have charged to 75%

My drive is 70 miles round trip it makes the drive easy.

I didn’t have my NEMA until yesterday night so I will try and charge to 90%

Installed the NEMA-14-50 myself with Romex 6/3 wire

External water proof mount and plug total cost was 50$ if you diy it was easier than I had anticipated TBH

Still be very precautios.

With that said if you’d ever taken apart anything this install should be easy. Even if you haven’t just use common sense and please shut off all electricity! No excuses on that !!

Idk how you guys measure the range but I’ve been getting to work and back and having fun while driving there and still am left with 50% and only have charged to 75%

External water proof mount and plug total cost was 50$ if you diy it was easier than I had anticipated TBH

With that said if you’d ever taken apart anything this install should be easy. Even if you haven’t just use common sense and please shut off all electricity! No excuses on that !!

how long have you had it for? how does it compare to the RWD? can you measure 0to60?

This post is full of excitement, congrats. any details of when you reservered and ordered

So based off this info... you used about 25% which is about 77 miles for a 70 mile trip. Is this highway or city? So this appears to be less efficient?.. perhaps not since you have been having "fun" driving there?

This post is full of excitement, congrats. any details of when you reservered and ordered

Thank you.

Here is a little background on how it happened.

First day line waiter: SoCal Los Angeles: I held off for awd and got the email to configure on 5/31/18 and did so within the same hour.

Then I kept checking my Tesla page and last week on Tuesday I got a message that asked for financing. Input paper work and by wednesday got approved.

Got a call Thursday and they told me it’s ready for pickup.

They wanted to schedule me in on 7/28/18 but they where booked; as so aswell on Sunday 7/29/18 but luckily they made it happen and I got it this Sunday

I’m the one using the man as a booster.

Attachments

• 06810F29-90E2-4512-907C-8510EAAAC53C.jpeg
    06810F29-90E2-4512-907C-8510EAAAC53C.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 160