Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 300,000 mile Model S drivers out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2) I've read lots of articles about the Volt's drivetrain too. But, I can assure you I've done 101 MPH (governed) down the interstate on all electric. I've gone 4 months without buying gas. I can assure you that the GEN 1 Volt (not the new GEN 2) is purely electric for the first ~40 miles.
Yep. Gen 1 Volt when NOT in charge sustain mode drives like an EV and yes, engine doesn't mechanically drive the wheels when not in CS mode.
LOL! Man, you are so serious! I know the car has a gas engine - I've put gas in the tank before!

Yesterday I drove my Volt to a movie theater downtown. Round trip was pure electric. Got home with 9 miles left in the battery. So I drove a "PURE EV" to the movies. That's how I see it. If you don't, good for you. I recognize your right to have a different opinion than mine.
It is not a pure EV. Gen 1 Volt is a PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicle) w/a bias towards behaving like a BEV until it hits charge sustain mode.

Your opinion doesn't magically make it a pure EV.

Mods,

Almost none of the responses have anything to do with the OP's subject of high mileage Model S cars. I think that subject would be a useful thread. Please banish the other BS to the pure EV dogma thread.

Thanks,

GSP