Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any chance of RWD LFP eeking out more speed with OTA update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the LFP's efficiency and the 5.8 seconds to 60 is certainly adequate. I am not having buyer's remorse for saving $8-9K off the LR's price. But ....
if an OTA or service visit could lower the 0-60 down a half second, I would be willing to pay for that. Maybe just a tweak to the off-the-line power delivery may do the trick, if not actually more power.

Any thoughts on Is there something being held back on the LFP waiting to be unleashed, or is she maxed out?

I don't think anyone can tell for sure... I also don't think Tesla have provided much performance gains on the SR / RWD models in general. Instead you could look at a product like this while checking which motor you have for compatibility.

Thanks. While I don't plan to risk my warranty with third party boost (even if just a little risk), that product does answer the question that there is a little HP hiding in there :cool:

If tesla charged the same price for a similar HP boost, I would definitely consider that.