TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any DFW owners have their drive units replaced?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by cab, Jul 30, 2016.

1. cab

cab Member

Hello all,

Have any of you local DFW area owners had your drive units replaced and if so, what was the reason (i.e. clunk, millimg, mosquito, outright failure, etc.) and did you get any pushback from the Dalllas service centers (vs. them doing it w/o issue)?

Thanks!

2. taurusking

taurusking Member

I have had 2 drive units replaced so far...First one was March 2015 and second one was just couple of weeks ago...Car was delivered Oct 2014 and built in June -July 2014

3. cab

cab Member

Taurus - any "pushback" from the service centers? I am experiencing the drive unit "clunk" and have an appointment for this Thursday at the Dallas service center to get it looked at.

4. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Replaced twice. Milling, then groaning. Zero issues with the Service Center replacing them, although the second replacement was back ordered for a while. The clunking isn't usually a replacement, though.

5. cab

cab Member

Thanks guys. Definitely hoping they replace for the clunk or at least "fix" it somehow. It is loud and embarrassing. Heck, I was in a fast food drive thru the other day and had the window rolled down as I moved forward and heard it echoing against the wall. I actually jumpd it was so dang loud.

6. taurusking

taurusking Member

No pushbacks although I went almost three times for the second one. First two times they told me the noise was very minimal. I never had any problem with it.

The last one started becoming really loud before service center actually replaced it.

7. cab

cab Member

To close this out, drive unit replaced, no issues getting it done. P revision.

8. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Toldja ;)

Also, congrats on the Tesla purchase! You are a member of the NTTOG, right? @bollar ;)

• Like x 1