Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Future Tesla Owners in GA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious to see how many of us there were out there...I see quite a bit of Telsa's driving in Atlanta...I was just researching why GA doesn't have in tax incentives for EV's and actually pulled up some info where they had the highest tax incentive out of any state at $5,000 last year and they did away with it in favor of some BS gas bill that put money in our state representatives pockets...Also, saw where EV owners have to pay a $200 a year penalty for not using gas...reading this stuff just makes me want one even more...hopefully, they will reintroduce the incentive in a few years when the model 3 gets released

Add 1 to your list. I currently drive a leased Leaf, which I really like except for the lack of range.

The Atlanta-Decatur store had over 200 people in line when it opened (see pic below). I was #55

tesla model 3 reservation day.jpg

Last edited:
I live near Athens and couldn't dig my wallet out fast enough to place my reservation for a Model 3 immediately after the event. This car is for my wife who has driven a 2006 Prius since mile 0 which currently has 225k+ miles on it. She loves that car - but will love the Model 3 even more. It fits into our 2-3 year plan of building a new home that will have a solar powered charging station.

Exciting times!

Take a look at the used Leaf market, you might be able to find a steal. After striking out on Craigslist around the $8k range I found Kingdom Motors Inc. - Used Cars - Cartersville GA Dealer (on Craigslist). It's a 1 man show, guy's name is Paul and he was a heck of a guy. Put me in a 2013 with 23k miles for 9.6 out the door. Car has been flawless for the last 2 weeks since I purchased. I just got tired of waiting around for an EV and decided at that price point it was an easy decision.

Selling my FJ cruiser to seal the deal (so if you know any one ;) ) haha

GA resident (Alpharetta area), 2013 Leaf SL owner that I bought used recently, and Model 3 reservation holder. Was going to go to the store in Buckhead on 3/31, but had stuff going on at work that day and couldn't get away until later in the afternoon and didn't want to deal with rush hour traffic on 400. Reserved online right when they opened reservations instead (10:30 eastern I think?).

I see a fair amount of Teslas around Alpharetta, though still have yet to see a Model X. Anyone seen one driving around in the Atlanta area?

GA resident (Alpharetta area), 2013 Leaf SL owner that I bought used recently, and Model 3 reservation holder. Was going to go to the store in Buckhead on 3/31, but had stuff going on at work that day and couldn't get away until later in the afternoon and didn't want to deal with rush hour traffic on 400. Reserved online right when they opened reservations instead (10:30 eastern I think?).

I see a fair amount of Teslas around Alpharetta, though still have yet to see a Model X. Anyone seen one driving around in the Atlanta area?

There was someone in a Model X at the Marrietta store during the reservations. Guy next to me in line said he thought it was the only one in the area.

There was someone in a Model X at the Marrietta store during the reservations. Guy next to me in line said he thought it was the only one in the area.

I was at the Decatur store the week prior to reserving my Model 3. I saw 2 model X's in the parking lot and another 2 on the truck. I'll see if I can dig up the pics.

Edit: No such luck, it was on my old phone and it appears the photo never synced. Anyway, their are at least a few floating around GA

I was at the Decatur store the week prior to reserving my Model 3. I saw 2 model X's in the parking lot and another 2 on the truck. I'll see if I can dig up the pics.

Edit: No such luck, it was on my old phone and it appears the photo never synced. Anyway, their are at least a few floating around GA

The one at Marrietta stayed open pretty much the whole time with a constant stream of people taking a look around.