Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any History Using Tesla App On BOTH The iPad And iPhone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the app on an iPhone but might like to use it occasionally on an iPad.

Anybody using both? Any conflicts?
Depends if you use both as a key or not. I use the app on the iPad just to set charging rate and pre-condition the cabin. It’s not set up as a key so if it remains in the car the vehicle will still auto lock etc.

No experience with using iPad as a key.

Reactions: Jimt29
This posting is a few years old but wondering if people are still using their iPads with the Tesla app? I have an iPad Pro 12.9-inch (6th generation). When I try to open the Tesla app it gives me a very small login screen with only letters on the keyboard. The numbers key will not work to get the @ sign or the " . " period to put into the email address. I want to bring up the app on my iPad so I can look at my solar and power walls stats. Any help is appreciated.

This posting is a few years old but wondering if people are still using their iPads with the Tesla app? I have an iPad Pro 12.9-inch (6th generation). When I try to open the Tesla app it gives me a very small login screen with only letters on the keyboard. The numbers key will not work to get the @ sign or the " . " period to put into the email address. I want to bring up the app on my iPad so I can look at my solar and power walls stats. Any help is appreciated.
Well, if the screen is small, you should see a button to the lower right (shaded circle with two arrows in a diagonal, pointing out). That should increase the screen somewhat.

As for the “@“ and “.” characters, are you using some sort of keyboard app? It should be just as simple as pressing the “123” button on the lower left of the virtual keypad and then tapping those key buttons.

I’ve recently lost the ability to make climate and charging changes from the app on an iPad. Those aren’t even choices in the menu anymore.still works fine on a iPhone.
IMG_2225.jpeg

I’ve recently lost the ability to make climate and charging changes from the app on an iPad. Those aren’t even choices in the menu anymore.still works fine on a iPhone.View attachment 1061137
Because at some point Tesla decided, to only give the app access to certain functions, when the device is set up as a key, as an extra safety mechanism. It’s supposed to restrict access for someone who might have gained your login credentials without your consent.