Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any info about software versions 2021.43.xxx appearing on new vehicles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but from this data point, when I picked up my MY it was on one software version, and by that evening I had the newest software version out.

The only time I had a delay about getting software quickly was when I opted in for Beta FSD, biggest mistake of my life, I was blackballed for over a month, but that's a whole other story.
I don’t doubt that it is possible, but it is certainly not typical at all.

Reactions: alexcue
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but from this data point, when I picked up my MY it was on one software version, and by that evening I had the newest software version out.

The only time I had a delay about getting software quickly was when I opted in for Beta FSD, biggest mistake of my life, I was blackballed for over a month, but that's a whole other story.
Took me 3 weeks to get the first update and it was to the main release. It does appear to vary a lot as to when someone gets their first update to the main release, and getting it immediately after delivery seems to be more of an exception rather than a rule (going by various posts on this site).

Reactions: alexcue and cgell

No need to have an attitude. No, it is not misinfo that I made up. Generally this is how it works for most people and you can find this same info all over this forum. You can also get the same info from your service center.
I didn’t mean to sound rude. Just read your statement as “everyone always gets the factory version and don’t get update for 8weeks!” (Not exactly what you said) I’m on my third Tesla and i have always gotten an update 1st or 2nd week after delivery. So got me a bit upset, misunderstanding. :)

Reactions: alexcue and cgell
I didn’t mean to sound rude. Just read your statement as “everyone always gets the factory version and don’t get update for 8weeks!” (Not exactly what you said) I’m on my third Tesla and i have always gotten an update 1st or 2nd week after delivery. So got me a bit upset, misunderstanding. :)
It’s all good 🙂👍

Just to put it out there, I picked up my MYP the last week in December with V11 pre-installed. I received an update about a week later after opting in to the FSD beta which activated that. I received an update a couple weeks ago to remove the boombox features per recall, and maybe there was an FSD update in there, as well. But I'm still on a 2021.44.30.21, have yet to get ANY 2022 update.

Overall, things are fairly stable, but the stuttering backup camera (came with my initial update the first week in January) and finicky music apps (which often just refuse to load any content) are making me regret going with Tesla, honestly. (Still, watching the gas prices, I'm very happy with the EV experience itself, just not the Tesla software).

Similar story. Took delivery a week ago, with 2021.43.102. We were hoping to get an update before this weekend's 1k mile trip to snow country, 50% on 2-lane roads (I wanted the heated wipers. And I still had hope that phantom braking might be reduced).

I've been relocating the wifi mesh to boost wifi strength. We even started leaving the Tesla at home and taking the Bolt, just to avoid disconnecting the Tesla from wifi!

At least now I know we can quit trying so hard.

Same for us. Tthe update is pending since my gf at work.

Almost exactly the same situation with me. IDK what is different, I've been searching on TeslaFi and literally nobody else has reported this version so far.

Edit: NM, four people with this software, lol. 97% of fleet on 22.4.5
I finished the update and this was the only change. Its about calibrating the battery
tempImage6MRYB1.jpg