Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, that sucks. I'll be curious to see what the response is as well, just incase I need to do the same down the road.
Welcome to the EV crowd BTW ;)
The transport company admitted it caused the damage, though only after I'd raised the issue with Tesla. Their insurance is covering it and Tesla offered to either transport it back to Montreal and have it repaired there which would take 2 weeks, or I can get it repaired locally. I'm going to get some quotes and see if I think the standard will be good enough.

I brought up this issue with Service at Tesla on Lawrence Ave, Toronto. They said they were aware of the problem but do not have an official fix. They noted that my car had the problem and when an official fix is made, they would contact me.
I had the same problem. I took it to the Oakville Service and they put more adhesive on it again and no problem now.

Update to my earlier post while I was at Oakville this morning...

They initially said they thought they could clear my issues in a half hour or so. After an hour of 2 techs sitting in the car with laptops, they sent me on my way with a rental ( BMW X3, what an awful car ). Didn't hear anything back from the service dept, and they won't actually answer the phone which is very annoying. Left a VM and hope they call in the morning.
I've got a loaner BMW X3 while my Model 3 is in the shop having it's front bumper removed and repainted because of a big scrape in it. Other than the fact it's an ICE, what don't you like about the X3? I also learned pretty quickly that you have to press 3 for sales when phoning Oakville Tesla in order to get someone to answer the phone.

Reactions: McFlurri
Has anyone encountered issues using the speakerphone in the car? It seems to be intermittent. I've had a few people tell me that they hear an echo of their voice when they speak, but others says it is very clear. On calls, I've resorted to putting the call on mute when I am not speaking and it fixes the echoing problem.

edyee

I've been told, and confirmed, that my outbound volume level is somewhat low. Quality is generally good otherwise.

The transport company admitted it caused the damage, though only after I'd raised the issue with Tesla. Their insurance is covering it and Tesla offered to either transport it back to Montreal and have it repaired there which would take 2 weeks, or I can get it repaired locally. I'm going to get some quotes and see if I think the standard will be good enough.
Make sure you let em know it’s aluminum body paneling: not all places know how to handle that correctly.

If you’re near Burnside, you might try ReconExpress, they did a good job on my old Mustangs aluminum hood when it got chipped by gravel.

Make sure you let em know it’s aluminum body paneling: not all places know how to handle that correctly.

If you’re near Burnside, you might try ReconExpress, they did a good job on my old Mustangs aluminum hood when it got chipped by gravel.
Except it doesnt appear as though the spot that was damaged is aluminium.

Only the doors and hood are aluminium on the model 3

I also have a slightly crooked wheel. The alignment of the car driving seems ok, but If i hold the wheel straight, it would steer me into the curb. I haven't brought this up with Tesla yet.

UPDATE: I brought my car in to Tesla in Oakville, and they performed an alignment to fix the steering wheel. All good now.
While there, the magnet in the charge port fell off, perfect timing as they just glued it back on. Common issue.
I also noticed my hood emblem wasn't centered. They removed it with the plan of re-installing a new one in the proper location, but it took a paint chip off with it. Now I need to have the paint fixed before I get a new badge. I am really going stealth now!

My issues after having the 3 for about 3 weeks now:

1. Front passenger window doesn't go down all the way.
2. Slightly crooked steering wheel. Like others, alignment is good, but if held straight, it steers into the curb.
3. Scrunched up floor covering of the trunk (the one under the panel).
4. Turn signal and gear selector levers are separating where the two different plastic pieces meeting.
5. The drivers seatbelt adjuster rattles (not a lot, but it's right beside my ear).
6. The drivers visor rattles

No longer an issue:

7. Rear passenger door latch was mis-aligned. Fixed it myself.

I'm going to have to schedule a service appointment to try to get these fixed, but living in Ottawa this means a trip to Montreal (right?).

My issues after having the 3 for about 3 weeks now:

1. Front passenger window doesn't go down all the way.
2. Slightly crooked steering wheel. Like others, alignment is good, but if held straight, it steers into the curb.
3. Scrunched up floor covering of the trunk (the one under the panel).
4. Turn signal and gear selector levers are separating where the two different plastic pieces meeting.
5. The drivers seatbelt adjuster rattles (not a lot, but it's right beside my ear).
6. The drivers visor rattles

No longer an issue:

7. Rear passenger door latch was mis-aligned. Fixed it myself.

I'm going to have to schedule a service appointment to try to get these fixed, but living in Ottawa this means a trip to Montreal (right?).

You can fix the window yourself. Press down on the switch, and hold it until it goes lower. It takes about 30 seconds.

Reactions: 03DSG
UPDATE: I brought my car in to Tesla in Oakville, and they performed an alignment to fix the steering wheel. All good now.
While there, the magnet in the charge port fell off, perfect timing as they just glued it back on. Common issue.
I also noticed my hood emblem wasn't centered. They removed it with the plan of re-installing a new one in the proper location, but it took a paint chip off with it. Now I need to have the paint fixed before I get a new badge. I am really going stealth now!

Interesting!
I had PPF (Suntek) applied to my front hood, fenders and bumper, and they gave me a choice to have the PPF film cut around the hood T emblem or have it removed and purchase a new one later from Tesla and have it placed on top of the film. I opted to have it removed. They applied the film and I decided not to have it replaced. I really like the smooth surface of the hood without the T emblem. The interior of the car is minimal and so should the hood. Love the clean look. There are T logos elsewhere on the car. Just a thought...

Reactions: akidesir
I don’t know if i’m just over reacting, but the treatment to customers should be the same no matter which car they drive at the Service centers. I took my Model 3 in for a wheel allignment fix and they gave me a non-tesla loaner. When I asked why it’s not a tesla out of curiosity he said we only give Tesla loaners to Model S/X customers. The tone of his voice and the way he said it sounded like they only give it to “premium” customers. End of the day, I drive a Tesla. We should all be getting the same treatment. I just feel like I was being treated as inferior compared to others
/rant

I don’t know if i’m just over reacting, but the treatment to customers should be the same no matter which car they drive at the Service centers. I took my Model 3 in for a wheel allignment fix and they gave me a non-tesla loaner. When I asked why it’s not a tesla out of curiosity he said we only give Tesla loaners to Model S/X customers. The tone of his voice and the way he said it sounded like they only give it to “premium” customers. End of the day, I drive a Tesla. We should all be getting the same treatment. I just feel like I was being treated as inferior compared to others
/rant

Warning: TL;DR ahead... ;)

@YusufT I agree with your principle and I was told a variant of this, but with more clarity and less "classist". During the delivery, I asked, point blank, the DS person to describe the service process of the car would being serviced at a service centre. Here's what I was told after the DS person consulted with some people (in the back).

A - if the car is safe to drive, I'm responsible for getting it to the service centre
B - if the car is not safe to drive, Tesla service will dispatch a flat-bed to take it to the nearest service centre (Montreal for Ottawa owners)
C - if I need a loaner car, I need to request it during, or after, the service call and the service centre will authorize a loaner from Enterprise

Point C has detail that wasn't explained as I was told that the Tesla people at the delivery event were NOT service people.

What I hope will be handled, transparently and with no cost to me, is a rental pickup from Enterprise in Ottawa, ON followed by a rental dropoff in Montreal, QC when I go to pick up the serviced vehicle. This is, by definition, a one-way, cross-province rental.

In any case, to get back to @YusufT's comment, at no time was a Tesla loaner mentioned, BUT, when I asked if the service centre would be able to provide a Tesla loaner (I did not specify S or X or 3), I was told, "only if one is available". My guess is that there will rarely be one available. I asked this question, knowing that it does NOT apply to me. In order for Tesla to provide me (in Ottawa) with a Tesla loaner when my car is being serviced in Montreal... I don't see any logistics that would work with my current understanding of Tesla's service policies.

I knew at the time of order that there was no local service centre and I clarified the point of service handling before the "signature on the line and money handover" so I live with it and hope that Tesla opens a service centre soon in/around Ottawa.

Warning: TL;DR ahead... ;)

@YusufT I agree with your principle and I was told a variant of this, but with more clarity and less "classist". During the delivery, I asked, point blank, the DS person to describe the service process of the car would being serviced at a service centre. Here's what I was told after the DS person consulted with some people (in the back).

A - if the car is safe to drive, I'm responsible for getting it to the service centre
B - if the car is not safe to drive, Tesla service will dispatch a flat-bed to take it to the nearest service centre (Montreal for Ottawa owners)
C - if I need a loaner car, I need to request it during, or after, the service call and the service centre will authorize a loaner from Enterprise

Point C has detail that wasn't explained as I was told that the Tesla people at the delivery event were NOT service people.

What I hope will be handled, transparently and with no cost to me, is a rental pickup from Enterprise in Ottawa, ON followed by a rental dropoff in Montreal, QC when I go to pick up the serviced vehicle. This is, by definition, a one-way, cross-province rental.

In any case, to get back to @YusufT's comment, at no time was a Tesla loaner mentioned, BUT, when I asked if the service centre would be able to provide a Tesla loaner (I did not specify S or X or 3), I was told, "only if one is available". My guess is that there will rarely be one available. I asked this question, knowing that it does NOT apply to me. In order for Tesla to provide me (in Ottawa) with a Tesla loaner when my car is being serviced in Montreal... I don't see any logistics that would work with my current understanding of Tesla's service policies.

I knew at the time of order that there was no local service centre and I clarified the point of service handling before the "signature on the line and money handover" so I live with it and hope that Tesla opens a service centre soon in/around Ottawa.
You see, if the guy told me it’s because they don’t have any THAT’S WHY then that’s fair enough. But he told me this word to word; We don’t have any Tesla in stock to loan right now, but if we did the Model S/X customers will get it. I looked upset and the guy just tried to make me feel better saying it’s an Enterprise.