Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other 2019 MY reservation holders still waiting for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/19 $2500 deposit changed config 6/5/2020.

Briefly had a VIN (23,8xx) and a MVPA in my account then disappeared. SA says the VIN will remain the same. But needs to be regenerated...I call bullsh*t ...they gave the car to a west coast person for Q2 delivery.

I am North Carolina delivery....did changing my configuration put me to the back of the line? I'm really starting to get frustrated seeing people order and get theirs a week later.

Hahahaha...I feel you...I ordered Day 1 and still waiting...Doesn't help that I live in Canada and ordered white seats :mad:

Here's my take:
  • Saving more before picking up the car...kinda helpful with COVID...and now I can buy more accessories and do PPF/Ceramic =D
  • Annoying kinks worked out...(i.e. pump casing, rear seat alignment issues, software updates...)
At least it's summer now so I can use my Boosted Board to get around most places. This will be my first car ever. After putting in my order back in March of last year, taking transit SUCKS now knowing that I could possibly be driving. So I feel you...but hang in there! The car you'll get will be flawless!

:)

Ordered 9/19 $2500 deposit changed config 6/5/2020.

Briefly had a VIN (23,8xx) and a MVPA in my account then disappeared. SA says the VIN will remain the same. But needs to be regenerated...I call bullsh*t ...they gave the car to a west coast person for Q2 delivery.

I am North Carolina delivery....did changing my configuration put me to the back of the line? I'm really starting to get frustrated seeing people order and get theirs a week later.
Where have you been? Tesla is known for screwing early adopters.

Hopefully you reconfigured before the pricing changes so at least you keep that advantage.

I'm in also. Ordered last year. Did order white interior and understand they recently started to produce this. Still no excuse for this delay. I have a short attention span and may cancel.
This is what is killing me...I didn't do white interior. MSM, black interior, Performance no upgrade, FSD.
I just want to make sure I'm not the only one and other people feel my pain

Reactions: NWPILOT
I ordered last July. Red/white awd with 19's, 3 months ago i finished financing, trade in and insurance on the site, They are "drafting" my contract. 2 weeks ago they asked me to upload a photo of the odometer to allow an update of my trade-in offer. I asked if there was a problem with my configuration. They said it was fine. Have heard nothing! Oddly, a configuration like mine has been delivered to one ordering 5 weeks ago. Not nice especially since I am a Tesla owner. Perhaps my Y will get here before my Cybertruck. Clearly Tesla's only rule is to maximize end of quarter deliveries by any means.

I ordered last July. Red/white awd with 19's, 3 months ago i finished financing, trade in and insurance on the site, They are "drafting" my contract. 2 weeks ago they asked me to upload a photo of the odometer to allow an update of my trade-in offer. I asked if there was a problem with my configuration. They said it was fine. Have heard nothing! Oddly, a configuration like mine has been delivered to one ordering 5 weeks ago. Not nice especially since I am a Tesla owner. Perhaps my Y will get here before my Cybertruck. Clearly Tesla's only rule is to maximize end of quarter deliveries by any means.

I'm right there with you. I've seen the same config as mine being delivered to my SC and given to people that ordered well after me. I hope it is worth the trouble. I'm also running up against a big problem. Tesla doesn't take power of attorney for purchase. My husband is set to deploy in the next month :( so I think my only option is to take him off registration and loan if it comes to that.

Reactions: NWPILOT
I'm right there with you. I've seen the same config as mine being delivered to my SC and given to people that ordered well after me. I hope it is worth the trouble. I'm also running up against a big problem. Tesla doesn't take power of attorney for purchase. My husband is set to deploy in the next month :( so I think my only option is to take him off registration and loan if it comes to that.
I wish you and your husband well.

I ordered April 2019- so pretty early. Very little contact with Tesla and no delivery scheduled. No VIN. I'm in Virginia.

Ordered Blue LR with White Seats. FSD.

It will also be my first Tesla and have been dreaming about owning one since Tesla's early days. Definitely disappointed with my experience so far, but I keep trying to remind myself that the actual car will be worth it (and with more kinks ironed out).

Ordered the same configuration. I think the problem is not a lot of people have our configuration based on the limited sample size we see in the order tracking spreadsheet. Probably not really worth it for Tesla to reconfigure their lines just for a couple of orders...:confused:

Ordered the same configuration. I think the problem is not a lot of people have our configuration based on the limited sample size we see in the order tracking spreadsheet. Probably not really worth it for Tesla to reconfigure their lines just for a couple of orders...:confused:
Thanks! Makes sense to me. The spreadsheet is the best data we have. When I asked my inside sales rep, he said my configuration adds a delay of a few weeks at worst. He did not recommend a change. I will hang in there.

I really think having a trade-in puts you at the bottom of the list. I reserved on day one and was going to trade in my Model 3. Everyone else was getting emails and texts and I was getting nothing. A month ago, I called Tesla and asked if there was a problem with my order and I was told 8-12 weeks.

I cancelled that order and got my $2500 almost immediately. I then reordered the same config, but without the trade. Immediately the order started progressing and I started getting texts about delivery. They'll be dropping off the car tomorrow.