Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any problems using regular tires without foam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than an increase in road noise, any problems with using regular, non foam tires on an M3? Thanks!
I can assure you they have no foam. I switched the OEM tires for my winter Hakka 9’s myself on the 18” Aeros. Then mounted the OEM Michelins to a set of forged BBS 18” later. Again I did it all my self at the auto hobby shop. No accustic foam.

• Informative
Reactions: linkster
Were they Tesla spec Michelin ?
Yep the Michelin MXM4’s that came on it from Tesla. I unmounted them about 3 weeks after we took delivery to put on winter tires. I tried and tried to get Tesla to sell me a 2nd set of the aero rims to put winter tires on with no success. So i got some BBS from tire rack. Decided to use the Aeros for winter. I just re mounted the Michelin’s on my summer wheels last weekend and will put them on the car in the next 2-3 weeks depending on when the ice melts.

I can tell you that my 18" aero wheels with the Michelin Primacy MXM4 absolutely did/does have the foam. I saw it first-hand today when I had a screw in one tire and saw it get fixed.
When did you take delivery of the car? AWD/RWD?Mine is a fairly early production LR AWD. Did they have the tire off to patch? So Patch from the inside? I personally unmounted my tires at the auto hobby on base and there was no foam. Given Tesla’s stellar quality control I could believe some shipping with foam and some without...