Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any reason I can't install HEPA in a refreshed S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I can get my hands on a HEPA is there any reason you know of that I couldn't install it in a refreshed S? The X has the retrofit kit - we could not get biohazard without Tesla's cooperation but as for the filter itself, it should work yeah?

Assuming the housing is there, it should work. You won't get bioweapon mode, of course, but you'll be better off than before. I'm also not sure what, if anything is in the secondary filter location where the Bioweapon equipped cars have the pair of activated carbon filter layers.

If I can get my hands on a HEPA is there any reason you know of that I couldn't install it in a refreshed S? The X has the retrofit kit - we could not get biohazard without Tesla's cooperation but as for the filter itself, it should work yeah?
The housing is definitely there, and I wanted to do that myself last month. The folks at the service center told me that they can sell me the filter, but it work properly. The problem is that the filter would be loose and move around because there's no retrofit kit (to keep the filter in place) for Model S. Tesla only provides the necessary hardware for Model X at this time...

The housing is definitely there, and I wanted to do that myself last month. The folks at the service center told me that they can sell me the filter, but it work properly. The problem is that the filter would be loose and move around because there's no retrofit kit (to keep the filter in place) for Model S. Tesla only provides the necessary hardware for Model X at this time...

You'd probably have to get the filter and pull the car apart to figure out exactly what this means. Most likely something could be improvised, if necessary...

Reactions: calisnow
Interesting - so if you could get your hands on the complete retrofit kit for the X - will it fit the S?

Reactions: Lee_B