Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recent deliveries without USS yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to see what no USS looks like in action when parking, is there any videos of this?

As far as it parking itself, you mean? If that's the case, there's no video yet, as that's disabled on the non-USS cars. I picked mine up on Friday and was dismayed I couldn't even use dumb Summon, much less dumb-Smart Summon. I don't care much for auto park features, which, I guess is good, since mine can't do it yet.

As far as it parking itself, you mean? If that's the case, there's no video yet, as that's disabled on the non-USS cars. I picked mine up on Friday and was dismayed I couldn't even use dumb Summon, much less dumb-Smart Summon. I don't care much for auto park features, which, I guess is good, since mine can't do it yet.
Well even something as simple as a visual on the lack of collision detection during parking, or what it looks like when you put it in R, its just a regular cam now without any proximity lines I take it

Well even something as simple as a visual on the lack of collision detection during parking, or what it looks like when you put it in R, its just a regular cam now without any proximity lines I take it
Indeed. I own a no USS Model Y since two days ago, and can confirm you get no park assist, not even a warning that there is no park assist.

Forwards = drive mode. Reverse = you see the three backup cameras with the two lines where the tires are.

No beeps. No visual. My wife hates it and I can't blame her. I really hope this is added in a couple of weeks, not months.

Reactions: EVDeepDive
Indeed. I own a no USS Model Y since two days ago, and can confirm you get no park assist, not even a warning that there is no park assist.

Forwards = drive mode. Reverse = you see the three backup cameras with the two lines where the tires are.

No beeps. No visual. My wife hates it and I can't blame her. I really hope this is added in a couple of weeks, not months.

Yes it's a very dumb move.

Do you just ask your SA if your VIN has USS or is there a different way to find out this information? Is this the same with the matrix headlights?
All model 3 and Y's built after early October 2022 lack USS.
See Tesla.com:

Starting in early October 2022, all Model 3 and Model Y built for North America, Europe, Middle East and Taiwan are no longer built with ultrasonic sensors and instead rely solely on Tesla Vision to provide Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot, FSD capability and active safety features.

We will continue this rollout with Model 3 and Model Y, globally, over the coming months, followed by Model S and Model X in 2023.

If you have taken delivery of your vehicle and are curious if your vehicle is equipped with USS, the 12 sensors can be found on the front and rear bumpers of your vehicle.

I believe anybody taking delivery now is getting no USS on model 3 and Y's.

I spoke to a Tesla sales rep a few days ago and he said Tesla Vision park assist will be out "soon" because it's an issue and the fact that Tesla removed USS and said will solely rely on Tesla Vision, then they "will make it happen". I asked him how soon, 3 months? 6 months? or 1 year? He said, it definitely won't be 1 year, it shouldn't be 6 months, it should be "a few months"..."soon!". I'm not sure if he's just that confident in Tesla Vision or does he have some insider news that he can't share. But it's been very frustrating to say the least without USS. I bought a backup camera to install in the front just so that I can see the front while using the 3 rear facing cameras while parking in the mean time.

I spoke to a Tesla sales rep a few days ago and he said Tesla Vision park assist will be out "soon" because it's an issue and the fact that Tesla removed USS and said will solely rely on Tesla Vision, then they "will make it happen". I asked him how soon, 3 months? 6 months? or 1 year? He said, it definitely won't be 1 year, it shouldn't be 6 months, it should be "a few months"..."soon!". I'm not sure if he's just that confident in Tesla Vision or does he have some insider news that he can't share. But it's been very frustrating to say the least without USS. I bought a backup camera to install in the front just so that I can see the front while using the 3 rear facing cameras while parking in the mean time.
Hopefully “soon” is before we put a human on Mars.

Funny though that they’re perfectly comfortable selling EAP on their website without disclosing it’s mostly non-functional in new purchases. No fine print, nothing.

Is Tesla vision park assist only for those who ordered EAP and FSD?

Is Tesla vision park assist only for those who ordered EAP and FSD?
Park assist which is just the distance measurements and warnings are available on all cars for free. Vision only Park assist is supposedly just coming to cars without USS. Cars with USS are supposedly staying with the sensors for now...but who knows for how long....Tesla disabled radar in cars that have them so they may do the same with USS cars at some point.

Park assist which is just the distance measurements and warnings are available on all cars for free. Vision only Park assist is supposedly just coming to cars without USS. Cars with USS are supposedly staying with the sensors for now...but who knows for how long....Tesla disabled radar in cars that have them so they may do the same with USS cars at some point.
So we are missing park assist? And how does that work, that a chime or a beep?

So we are missing park assist? And how does that work, that a chime or a beep?
You can have it beep if you want or turn off the beep.
It shows lines around the car that turn towards red as you get close to something in that area of the car and it shows measurements to the object.

With non-USS cars it currently does/shows nothing

parking-chimes.jpg