TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any recommendations for dash cam install in the Bay Area?

Discussion in 'California' started by frebay, Sep 21, 2016.

1. frebay

frebay Member

Hi
    Any recommendations for dash cam install in the Bay Area? Specially south bay (SJ, Milpitas).

2. ssrajputev

ssrajputev Member

I had my installed at OCDetailing in Fremont.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

...and while you are there Joe can do the wrap/film/coating thing as well (...1 stop shopping).

• Like x 1
  4. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

How much should I expect to pay? Since this is the same car, it should be the same cost for anyone.

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

The cost is up to the installer and a free market economy. There are degrees of skill and difficulty. What make and model dashcam are you installing? Single or dual camera? Are you installing in an X or S? Where is your installer getting 12V power?

6. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

I ordered a Blackvue 650S with two Cams, it will go to my X as it is shown on my signature. I read that most people are getting their power from OBDII, I don't think I will be moving the dashcam to other vehicles, so a permanent power source would be ok.

I know it is a free market, but having this forum is like having truecar.com. The owners have a way understanding if a price is within acceptable range or not. :)

7. ssrajputev

ssrajputev Member

Exactly. I had Joe do everything to my car: full kit of Xpel ultimate, coating of Cquartz finest, paint correction, 3M crystalline/Llumar CTX tint for all windows, and Cquartz leather/interior protection.

He does offer to sell you the Blackvue 650GW-2CH for what he buys it for. I just bought mine online on Amazon, because I have Prime and it's faster. Since I had many things done to my car, he let me pay just what his installer charges him. That means he doesn't charge any profit for the installation charge. I can give you the exact price over a PM.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

Joe might not be the least expensive choice in the SF Bay Area, but I will pay for experience and expertise. There are lots of ways someone can screw up your $120k+ X.....

9. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

Here are some photos of the Model X with the Blackvue.

We run the wire through the OEM wire conduit so there are no visible cords showing. This is an option for those uktra particular clients of ours.

DSC02477.JPG DSC02472.JPG

DSC02471.JPG

10. lloyds

lloyds Member

Same here. I an avid enthusiast as picky as they come. I have seen the work of others in the area and they just dont come close to what Premier can deliver. Highly recommended and they worked on all of my Teslas (3 total). Have my P100D incoming 2 weeks, so it will go directly to them for the Blackvue, radar, photosynch tint, and the clear armor.