Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recommendations for e-scooter for frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

I found a free charger (6kwh) around where I live but the issue is that its 4 miles away. I was thinking of dropping the car off to charge for 6+ hours and then coming back to pick it up when I am done. Since I will likely need to do this quick to get back to work and dont want to ask one of my friend to give me a ride every time I was thinking of getting an electric scooter (plus it would be a fun toy to have to ride around once in awhile). This brings me to my question.

Has anyone found a electric scooter that will fit in the frunk of model 3? If not, are there any recommendation for a scooter that you might have that hopefully isn't super heavy or takes too much room?

Thanks in advance.

I recently went down this wormhole looking for two that I could use for short trips once we got to our destination (for the trunk though, since two). With scope creep I ended up with bigger and heavier models until it wasn't practical, so shelved the idea (plus, our trip has been put off so there's reduced urgency)

Very interested to see what you end up with !

Reactions: Zet!
I bought a small scooter initially. It didn’t quite fit the frunk. It was only 15 lbs.

Later I bought an EUC.There’s a learning curve, but it’s more practical and 10x the fun. I carry it in the trunk wherever I go. Just a thought...

Reactions: strykeroz
Curious...what is driving the need/want to charge away from home? No access to charging, looking to save money, ...?
Live in an apartment that has more units then parking spaces which are assigned so no access to charging (complex does not have ev charging anyway). Superchargers supposedly not ideal for the battery due to high temps so public charger is only option other than supercharger and the closest one which you can park at for more than 2 hours is the free one.

I've also looked into this a bit. Not very thoroughly though. I don't think you'll be able to find one that'll fit in the frunk. The segway ones look pretty well built and robust to me, although I have trouble differentiating between the different models. There are a lot of variables with these devices - some fold, some don't; some have apps to operate them, some don't; make sure you get one with lights, some don't; and like with a tesla range matters!

If you live in or near a large city you can probably test out several different kinds fairly easily. Those rental scooters are everywhere now. And all those companies want to sell you their version, although as a rule the kind you can rent don't fold down.

Make sure you get a helmet also. And a lock is a really nice addition.

The Segway Mini Pro will fit in the frunk. Just add a couple of towels for padding....and a helmet of course.

Seg Mini Frunk 1.jpeg
Seg Mini Frunk 2.jpeg

This is what I carry in my X Frunk. Use it to cruise around when Supercharging to check out the local area.

Does 4 miles easy and carry a charger as well (brick).

Problem is that the ones that fit are not powerful, but the powerful ones do not fit.

This has worked out perfect for me.

Sold under many brand names from China. Think it was around $350.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Won’t fit in the frunk but I bought a pair of Gotrax XR ultras that have been great so far. Easy to fold and fits fine in the trunk. If you search around there might still be a $50 coupon out there.