Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand why Tesla would deliver production vehicles before so many signature vehicles. If there are issues with some signature cars, wouldn't it make sense to build another one off the line instead of a production car? They could use the faulty signature cars for display or even test drives. I put down $40k for over 3 years! I also upgraded a low # production reservation to this signature reservation because I wanted the car sooner. I can't believe that if I hadn't upgraded, i would have my car already! And to add insult to injury, my DS doesn't reven reply to my emails or return my car. Talk about a bad experience.

I don't understand why Tesla would deliver production vehicles before so many signature vehicles. If there are issues with some signature cars, wouldn't it make sense to build another one off the line instead of a production car? They could use the faulty signature cars for display or even test drives. I put down $40k for over 3 years! I also upgraded a low # production reservation to this signature reservation because I wanted the car sooner. I can't believe that if I hadn't upgraded, i would have my car already! And to add insult to injury, my DS doesn't reven reply to my emails or return my car. Talk about a bad experience.

VERY, Very few prod cars have been delivered so I don't think you would have your car already if you'd gone prod. I confirmed my prod car in early December and still have no delivery date despite taking delivery at the factory

They are still producing hundreds per week and a similar number are being shipped to delivery centers, while ours are in many cases still in the factory and haven't gone to the factory delivery center for inspection yet. A production car can still be unlucky and get some delay.

I would honestly be heavily P/O'd...but if they offered to fully refund your deposit...would you take it??? I didn't think so..

Seriously, enjoy your MX, I will wait until the end of the year for mine at the current production schedule, if I am lucky.

..and if you are getting the Sig Red....GRRRRRR, sooo jealous

6 years of pure EV will have to garnish an asterisk if so. And I don't like the sound of that. Best wishes for a surprise quick delivery.

LOL. I use Uber a bunch when I am not on my OneWheel skate board, which is my last mile electric transport. The rail station in Denver is a little to far for my OneWheel so Uber will work for a few weeks if I cannot bum a ride from my wife or daughter to the train.

After almost two months in "final production" and a few weeks in "inspections", my Sig169 is in Seattle and ready for PU tomorrow at 10am. I have to give Andrew, my ds, a lot of credit for keeping me informed to the extent he had knowledge. Our weekly emails helped me keep my sanity. And the good news, his service people said my car was the most flawless they've seen so far. The only squawk was a small clip missing from the front bumper.

My sense is that all this waiting was about fixing the problems identified by the first couple of hundred "beta testers" (thank you you guys!) Every indication is that we've moved into a new phase of higher production, MUCH higher quality vehicles.

I hope all the lower-mid VIN Sigs out there will be having a similar experience very soon.

After almost two months in "final production" and a few weeks in "inspections", my Sig169 is in Seattle and ready for PU tomorrow at 10am. I have to give Andrew, my ds, a lot of credit for keeping me informed to the extent he had knowledge. Our weekly emails helped me keep my sanity. And the good news, his service people said my car was the most flawless they've seen so far. The only squawk was a small clip missing from the front bumper.

My sense is that all this waiting was about fixing the problems identified by the first couple of hundred "beta testers" (thank you you guys!) Every indication is that we've moved into a new phase of higher production, MUCH higher quality vehicles.

I hope all the lower-mid VIN Sigs out there will be having a similar experience very soon.

Congratulations! It gives me hope that ours may soon move out of purgatory and up to the SC. I had a nice, long, phone conversation with my DS yesterday and he confirmed that they're now trying to make sure cars leave the factory ready to deliver as opposed to relying on the SC to fix problems. Given our four weeks in inspections, he assumes the car has issues that need to be rectified and that parts were/are not available. He explained the various internal processes he's going through in order to get additional information and request that the car be expedited but cautioned that the Signatures that have yet to be delivered are not being held back because of indifference or carelessness and that he and Tesla would love nothing more than to deliver them all tomorrow. He listened to, and validated, my frustrations. IMO, Tesla is doing all it can reasonably be expected to do to get the remaining Signature cars out. Unfortunately, because these cars have been removed from the standard production process for rectification (that's the word they use) the normal information systems don't show the DS anything useful.

Congrats fellow Washingtonian! Hope to see you out and about!

Cheers!

Nice to hear about some SigXers starting to see their Xs.

Since I had cancelled my SigX months ago I only visit here as an interested party (stockholder..like many others here).

This is similar to the SigS...and the 'D' (I was one) ramps/deliveries and feeling that many are in the 'black hole'. It is disappointing as one would think that TM may have learned from the other FUBAR ramps.

Hoping that you all get your SigXs soon ( really..soon)

2/18 AM MyTesla now says "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue" which is the first change since saying "confirmed" many months ago. Maybe they are starting over on the revamped line but the website has not been known for its accuracy.

2/18 AM MyTesla now says "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue" which is the first change since saying "confirmed" many months ago. Maybe they are starting over on the revamped line but the website has not been known for its accuracy.

Nice. We need to see more Teslas in the great northeast!:wink:

Everyone see that new generic message since this morning I believe. And in the text you have a new red link to forward to the new delivery process guide. The interesting, they say VIN is assigned around 5 weeks before delivery

I also just noticed the Manual dated 2/17 is in the list of documents.
Thanks for the notification.

The new dual position falcon wing door opening display is not in the new manual and they need to add a fuse chart. There is a lot to read and learn about.

OT: A new Referral Program also showed up. Wouldn't have known without looking for the manual. Referral Program | Tesla Motors