Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...I'm also quite worried about receiving a car with tons of rattles leaks etc...
The only occasional clicking noise I am experiencing is the first row seat belt fastener hitting the plastic seat back. That is going to happen to every Model X that doesn't have a passenger.

After washing Model X, I was amazed at the improvement compared with Model S. Wiping the water drops when opening all the doors and hatches was quick and easy with very little water to remove. Very impressed with the engineering of the seals.

Back to the thread topic: My teenage VIN appeared to remain at Fremont for 6 weeks before delivery. The manufacture date is on the door sticker.

Glad to hear there is finally some movement. You are an extremely patient gentleman. TM definitely should have built a new one for you which would have gotten it to you a lot faster. Here's hoping your long wait is rewarded with a near perfect specimen. Best of luck.

Thanks. I realized my estimate was off. The vehicle went into production in December, and would have been done the first week in January. So it's actually been in final production/QC for 6 weeks, or 7 weeks including next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to everyone for all the rep points. I apparently struck a chord with this audience. :\

Mine began production near the end of December. It's been complete since the end of January and I have no timeline for when it will ship from the factory, no estimate on how long it will take to get here and no idea how long it will have to be fiddled with at the SC before I can get it. I have the strong suspicion that my DS doesn't know what's going on with the car but it bothers me to know end that it appears as though no one knows whats happening with my car. I would really hope that someone has a list of corrections needed and, from that list, an estimated time to completion should be able to be calculated.

I'm trying to maintain perspective, in the grand scheme of the world's problems this doesn't even blip the radar, but that's becoming more and more difficult with each passing week of no new news.

Seems like I would be the last person to receive a Signature edition in US. On the bright side, It may be a 2017 model.

That's funny. We keep saying the same thing, that our Sig will be the last one delivered. We confirmed our order on Sept 29th, on our way up to the release event in Fremont, and have gotten no news on it since. I get the feeling that there might actually be 500 or so Sigs sitting up in Fremont, waiting for some part to get swapped out or repaired. In the mean time, they keep cranking out the production models ahead of our Sigs.

Since we ordered our X with everything except Ludicrous, my wife says that they should throw in a complimentary Ludicrous, just to make up for this excruciating wait with no communication. We also just found out that our local DS will be moving on to a new position up at the factory. Maybe the new DS will have some news for us.

Ron
SigX VIN #484

The recent investor call got me reading the forums again but I still haven't heard any more news about Sig X 811 East Coat delivery. I sent a note to the QC department thanking them for taking the time to make the car great and that helped ease the anticipation, but I like the complimentary Ludicrous mode, too.

I would like to thank all of the Signature reservation holders for your patience and willingness to take a risk with a significant amount of money in order to further the future of EVs. Our future generations will benefit from you all 'stepping up to the plate'. I hope that all of you receive your Sig's soon and enjoy them, trouble-free, for years to come.

We are also fully loaded except ludicrous and still waiting... One can only hope they deprioritized us a little in fasvor of other sigs expecting to comp us ludicrous. While our cars sit in the factory for months our batteries age (probably lost a mile of range already), the cars age... And as a result of this delay have probably depreciated a couple of thousand dollars... Certainly an inventory car with an extra 2 months and 0miles would be around $2k cheaper as a result.

I get the feeling that there might actually be 500 or so Sigs sitting up in Fremont, waiting for some part to get swapped out or repaired. In the mean time, they keep cranking out the production models ahead of our Sigs.

This sounds very similar to what happened to some of the first P85D orders... getting stuck in a black hole, while later cars were built and delivered. Sorry that you have to go through this.

I would like to thank all of the Signature reservation holders for your patience and willingness to take a risk with a significant amount of money in order to further the future of EVs. Our future generations will benefit from you all 'stepping up to the plate'. I hope that all of you receive your Sig's soon and enjoy them, trouble-free, for years to come.

OK, everybody has been patient as Job, but this lack of communication borders on malpractice. What the h%$l is this guy doing?
Tesla has scaled so high, yet is just starting. Remarkably it hasn't lost a drop of ambition or drive. I’m excited to return and get to work
— ricardo reyes (@ricardor) November 24, 2014
Reyes will oversee PR, customer communications, and Tesla’s online presence, Bloomberg Businessweek reported on Monday.

Read more at Reyes returns to Tesla in the communications driver's seat | PR Week

It's just an educated guess, but I believe there remain some hundreds of Sig X's yet to be delivered. Mine (Sig 32x, VIN 68x) has been production complete since the 22nd of January, but there's been no news since then.