Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any suggestions on Model S options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I'm a newbie here but I have been a Tesla fanboy for a while. I heard that this forum is friendly and helpful, so here I am with a few questions. Thanks in advance and hopefully I can become a owner soon.

• Is Full Self-Driving Capability just a "software switch" and Enhanced Autopilot has all the hardwares that Full Self-Driving Capability needed?
  • I really like the White Premium Interior but have concerns in regards to general maintaining (we have a 5 years old ).
  • Anyone who can PM me a referral code would be much appreciated.
s.JPG

Every car is shipped with all the required hardware so you can upgrade to enhanced autopilot and full self-driving when available later for slightly more money. Safety features like automatic emergency braking will work however even without enhanced autopilot.
Kim from the Like Tesla Youtube channel combines kids with white interior and doesn't seem to have a problem with dirty seats or dash.

Tesla: All New Vehicles Are Shipped With Sensors for Autonomous Driving

Hi....I went through a lot of options back and forth before landing what I ended up ordering.

What I did order:
- Base White - regret it, should have gone pearl
- 21inch Wheels - love them, all the negative talk is just talk
- Air Suspension - So glad I did it, I believe now standard
- Standard interior - should have done premium
- Standard audio - completely fine with that
- Sunroof - fantastic
- Black interior - I have a 6 year old...no way I'd get white ;-)

What I didn't order:
- Carbon fibre interior - so wish I had
- Auto Pilot - added after to avoid LCT....go this way
- Dual motor - I really like rear wheel feel

Good luck...I never regret buying even after near on 3 years and 56,000km's

Regards

Scot

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderators note
There is a sticky about not posting referral links
The original poster requested a PM.
But yet referral links appear.

I edited the previous post to remove the link.
Please PM the poster if you wish to share referral links.

Hi....I went through a lot of options back and forth before landing what I ended up ordering.

What I did order:
- Base White - regret it, should have gone pearl
- 21inch Wheels - love them, all the negative talk is just talk
- Air Suspension - So glad I did it, I believe now standard
- Standard interior - should have done premium
- Standard audio - completely fine with that
- Sunroof - fantastic
- Black interior - I have a 6 year old...no way I'd get white ;-)

What I didn't order:
- Carbon fibre interior - so wish I had
- Auto Pilot - added after to avoid LCT....go this way
- Dual motor - I really like rear wheel feel

Good luck...I never regret buying even after near on 3 years and 56,000km's

Here's my code if you'd to use it: Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty

Regards

Scot
We have 4 kids and the white in our MX. With good wiping (regularly) it has been fine and we are now at 16 months and it still looks like new (and it is so much nicer in summer). The fact that it is white has actually helped them understand keeping it clean too as perversely, it is really obvious when dirty. We were past full baby seat stage, so the only thing I would be concerned about is the friction between a heavy baby seat and the white if dirt got underneath, as the plastic base could then do some abrasive damage (does it to black too, as we found out it our old car - not a Tesla - but less obvious on black). Our kids are a bit older and booster seats are much lighter and have a bigger surface area so a towel underneath works. As to teenagers ... enjoy it while they are in kinder/ primary school...

Back on topic,
My Model S is 3 1/2 years old and has cream leather interior.
I find them fairly easy to keep clean, by wiping them down regularly with a chamois as a last thing when washing the car.
I’ve cleaned them with leather cleaner about twice a year, to get rid of the blue jeans transfer and any other more persistent grime. They look close to new, with just a little stretching on the drivers seat base.