Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any updates on ghosting issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model X is 6 months old now. the overcast skies and the fact that it gets darker earlier now is making the ghosting issue more of a problem than in the summer for me. anybody get any updates on the ghosting issue? the SC says that it's a known issue and fremont is working on it, but I haven't heard any updates in a while. anybody else hear anything?

• Love
Reactions: RIZE
I used to be very annoyed by this, also started a thread about it.. but with all honesty it doesnt bother me anymore. I got used to it and dont look for it. It doesnt bother me to the point that i dont know if i would change my glass even if a new one is available.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I also have it. I try not to pay attention to it.
I've attached a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Informative
Reactions: KaiserSoze
All X windshields have it. It's a matter of whether you notice it or not. And once you notice it, it's impossible to "unsee."
Are you sure, because this does not seem to correlate with what other people have posted. Some people say it is not a issue with their MX, they don't see it at all. In contrast, in my MX, everyone sees it clearly, generally without prompting. So I am wondering, do they all have it or not?

Took delivery of our X on the 13th. Windshield cracked overnight while sitting in the shop for vinyl wrap on the 15th. Have been driving it with cracked windshield, waiting for replacement instructions, meanwhile have noticed significant ghosting. It would be great if the new windshield we get (likely in Jan, it's looking like, doesn't Ghost).

It makes me wonder if these 2 are related -

Windshield smudges

Someone taking delivery in Dec said his windshield has no ghosting and no issue during the rain. The member who said his X was perfect with zero issue.
Our X has no issues during the rain but my brother in law pointed out the ghosting effect on his own and it was a bit embarrassing. Said it was giving him a headache. I have noticed it only happens with lighted objects (lots of things that are not emitting light don't ghost while tail lights and street lights ghost badly...