Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any updates on the official dimension of cybertruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing except Elon saying the design is finalized on the Q4 earnings call. Given that he said they’d have more to share on CT in “about a month” back in November, I think we’re going to hear more in February and March - especially since the new S and X are announced now.

I’m hoping the Cybertruck interior has been updated to be similar to the new X and S (multiple screens, wireless phone charging...somewhere), but with some more “toughness” to the materials given it’s intended marketing as a tough-as-nails pickup truck. Not sure what that might look like, but Franz has designed some amazing vehicles so far and I can’t wait to see the final CT.

Going to be a tough call in Q1 2022 to go with a CT or new Model X. At least the Model X fits in my garage. :)

yeah.. same here. I am debating whether to get CT or Model X depending if it can fit in my garage. I guess I will have to for test drive to decide. Will new Model X comes with Falcon wing door?

New Model X does come with Falcon Wing Doors. Can’t wait to get to a showroom and see if they’ve changed at all for smoother or faster opening in most situations. I know the front doors have the Model 3/Y button to open now (instead of a pull lever in current X), but the FWDs always had a button - is there anytime new there? I imagine it might be a force tough button instead of an actual button perhaps.

Also curious if the vents in the side pillars are there. The X has “Tri Zone” climate control now (I assume driver, passenger, and rear) but are the rear vents “hidden” like the front? Or are they the old vents we have now?

AND curious how the rear passenger screen interacts when not being used for a game...can those passengers set their own climate? Can I pass control to the main sound system to them? Oh and I REALLY want to know how the Active Noise Canceling they have built into the S and X works with this new 22 speaker sound system.

Of course, I want to know if they’ve fixed the acceleration shudder too! I hope they have, which would be a good sign for the Cybertruck which I worry might suffer from the same issue.

In short, I am excited for this redesign. :) It makes the decision between this and the Cybertruck hard!

Reactions: coolmanfever
The earnings call a week or so back gave us some little tidbits and Elon had a couple post-call clarifications that I haven't seen anyone really mention here. CyberTruck design has changed a bit, but is now final. Less reliance on folded steel exoskeleton and utilizes some new cast structural elements. Dimensions are pretty much the same. We'll probably see the "final" version in a few months when they're tooling up the production line and can push out a test mule.

I'm guessing the comment on the cast structural elements alludes to Elon's comment last spring about how they can incorporate some more folds into the steel. I'm expecting the updated CyberTruck to take on a few changes that might appeal to the more mainstream truck crowd and address a few concerns. Ultimately the design will remain very much the same.

As for dimensions, I expect all the primary dimensions to remain unchanged. As they were, the CT was identical to the Ford F-150 super crew with a 5'6" bed, but CT gives us 6' bed with no wheel well protrusions. Yes, it is a big vehicle, but the same size as the number one selling pickup truck in the world.

Pricing hints from a few months ago seem to indicate CT will be more than initially indicated. We already knew those prices were base prices for each model. I'm still expecting the CT to come in fully loaded at $100K -ish. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Silverado and Hummer EV pickups, which are claiming 400+ and 350+ "real world" mileage ranges respectively for the largest Ultium battery pack. IMO Tesla needs to stop advertising their estimated ranges based on the EPA's scale. No one drives like that under most conditions. No one is going to drive these trucks like a little old lady going to church.

I really hope they make it under 220". Rivian is going to be around 217, would prefer to get the CT, however rivian is looking better as it will fit in garage and includes federal $7500 tax credit. I don't see how they can make tri-motor version with 500 mile range for anywhere near the suggested $70k price as both model S and X are much more base price.

I'm out if there is a price increase on the tri-motor. The number one factor for me in ordering it was just how much driving value you got at that price, especially when compared to the S. I mean 500 mile+ range for $69,900? Pretty hard to beat.

Everyone talks so much about garage sizes... However in other places of the country where trucks have been quad cabs for years garage sizes have been able to handle these truck's size. I'm from the mid west and trucks are a large part of the vehicles on the road. That won't be an issue here,

I think that this truck will be about the same length as a crew cab short bed ICE truck. I have a long bed extended cab. It's 20 feet long and around 78 inches wide with towing mirrors. It is just as long as the cybertruck. The cybertruck is a full size truck It is meant to compete with full size trucks. Rent a full size crew cab truck for a weekend and see if it will work for you instead of buying the cybertruck and finding out that it is too big and you are not comfortable with it.

Here is the greater Seattle area if you buy a newly constructed house that's under $1M then most likely your garage won't fit any full size trucks, heck some can barely fit a Model 3. That's why in my neighborhood all trucks and SUVs are parked outside. The difference is that CT owners probably prefer keeping the vehicle indoors so charging is more convenient, instead of installing a weather proof charger outside or try to extend the charging cable out from under the garage door. To me whether the CT will fit my garage will be a deal breaker.

Reactions: TessP100D
The difference is that CT owners probably prefer keeping the vehicle indoors so charging is more convenient, instead of installing a weather proof charger outside

I’ve never liked parking vehicles outside in Vegas because of the perceived sun damage to the paint and exterior (yes, it could be my imagination). But a stainless steel vehicle I’ll have no problem parking outdoors. Plus installing an outdoor charger was pretty easy. My only concern is my HOA may decide they don’t like the CT’s styling and tell me it can’t be parked where it’s visible. :oops:

Reactions: TessP100D
The extreme heat of the summer in the desert takes it‘s toll on lots of things besides the paint finish. Tires, rubber seals, batteries all get cooked in the heat. An ICE Truck will get cooked, but can stay outside, but a Tesla needs to be inside in these hot conditions. That’s why the overall size matters. My Ct has to go inside my garage.

has It been the case that any of the prior four vehicles sold for more than the initially stated pre-order price?
As long as you don't change what you have reserved the price won't change. Even adding or removing FSD could change the price of your Cybertruck if Tesla had previously announced a price change. I used this to my advantage when the announced price of the Model Y was reduced. I just edited my reservation and re-saved it and the new price was applied.

Reactions: tren01t and Zer0t
The extreme heat of the summer in the desert takes it‘s toll on lots of things besides the paint finish. Tires, rubber seals, batteries all get cooked in the heat. An ICE Truck will get cooked, but can stay outside, but a Tesla needs to be inside in these hot conditions. That’s why the overall size matters. My Ct has to go inside my garage.
So the truck will be parked inside in the garage at night when the sun isn't out and it is cooler yet be parked outside when you are at work during the day. This is going to protect it from the heat and sun how?

• Funny
Reactions: RollTelsaRoll
Really kind of a joke when a CEO says he's going to release new renderings/dimensions "in about a month" and then just...doesn't for four more months. But if we take his "about 3% smaller" comments from the Rogan podcast and apply them, we'd get:
-length: ~224.75 inches (about 18.7 feet)
-width: ~77.4 inches (about 6.45 feet)
-height: 72.75 inches (about 6 feet)

That's if they are uniformly applying a 3% reduction equally. We don't know for sure since they can't stick to their own one month timeline from last November.