Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to stop the schedule update box from popping up on the screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the responses. I’m a complete moron for not realizing it goes away when you put the car in drive or reverse. I was always manually hitting the X as soon as I started the car. I don’t drive the car often, it’s mostly my wife’s car, but I should’ve tried that.
You can actually tap the screen anywhere outside the popup to dismiss it. You don't have to aim for the X.

Reactions: OxBrew
Thanks for the responses. I’m a complete moron for not realizing it goes away when you put the car in drive or reverse. I was always manually hitting the X as soon as I started the car. I don’t drive the car often, it’s mostly my wife’s car, but I should’ve tried that.
Naw, took me months to figure that out. Someone had to tell me the same thing.

Reactions: Zorak03
someone posted on another thread about going into service mode and "redeploy firmware". this will reinstall the current version and delete the downloaded (but not yet installed) update. then the nag will go away. just keep your wifi disconnected so it doesnt re-download.

• Informative
Reactions: Anthony R.
someone posted on another thread about going into service mode and "redeploy firmware". this will reinstall the current version and delete the downloaded (but not yet installed) update. then the nag will go away. just keep your wifi disconnected so it doesnt re-download.
In a bizarre (and somewhat unfortunate) turn of events, Tesla is now forcing the update to download over LTE and the reinstall software option within the service menu only delays the LTE download for a few hours.

They haven’t forced the install yet though, but the popups are annoying as hell.

Reactions: Anthony R.
In a bizarre (and somewhat unfortunate) turn of events, Tesla is now forcing the update to download over LTE and the reinstall software option within the service menu only delays the LTE download for a few hours.

They haven’t forced the install yet though, but the popups are annoying as hell.
Downloading some updates over LTE is not new. In the 2.5 years I was abstaining from updates I would get about 4 a year downloaded that way. At least back then the install prompt popups would go away after about 2 weeks of ignoring them. Annoying yes, but not as annoying as being forced to use the V11 UI (before it was mostly fixed) :)

• Helpful
Reactions: 69KWH
Downloading some updates over LTE is not new. In the 2.5 years I was abstaining from updates I would get about 4 a year downloaded that way. At least back then the install prompt popups would go away after about 2 weeks of ignoring them. Annoying yes, but not as annoying as being forced to use the V11 UI (before it was mostly fixed) :)
Do you happen to remember if any of those forced LTE downloads were "recall updates"? I'm dodging the recall update by sticking to 2023.44.1 and it would be awesome if the popups went away after 2 weeks or so :D