Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to streamline the software of my Atom Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi people!

This morning I experienced extreme sluggishness of the software of my car. Every step on the screen happened at least 20-30 seconds after my command, if at all.
Thirty seconds after driving off, the screen still showed the car in park with the driver's door ajar I drove backwards out of a parking spot, the camera pop-up appeared well after I drove off in the opposite direction. Only the pop-up appeared, after at least 30 more seconds a couple of still images came up, only to disappear again after a while.

I solved this with a scroll wheel-reset, after half an hour of it not catching up.

It is not the first time such a thing happens, it appears to be quite the regular occurrence by now.

Since I do not use any functionality apart from the driving, AC and BT connection, is there any way to get rid of some unused software to lighten the burden on the ageing CPU?

Thanks!

Thank you for your answer!
I do indeed have a USB micro-SD reader plugged into the center console. it's only used to save Dashcam footage in case of an accident or upon application of the horn, since I do not use Sentry mode at all. I checked this afternoon and the most recent saved piece of footage dates back to Feb 2022, there is a total of five saved segments on the drive. I'll format it through the car and see if that helps.

Hi people!

This morning I experienced extreme sluggishness of the software of my car. Every step on the screen happened at least 20-30 seconds after my command, if at all.
Thirty seconds after driving off, the screen still showed the car in park with the driver's door ajar I drove backwards out of a parking spot, the camera pop-up appeared well after I drove off in the opposite direction. Only the pop-up appeared, after at least 30 more seconds a couple of still images came up, only to disappear again after a while.

I solved this with a scroll wheel-reset, after half an hour of it not catching up.

It is not the first time such a thing happens, it appears to be quite the regular occurrence by now.

Since I do not use any functionality apart from the driving, AC and BT connection, is there any way to get rid of some unused software to lighten the burden on the ageing CPU?

Thanks!

This symptoms on a model 3 sometimes are caused by a full sentry USB drive. Remove any USB devices you have plugged into your car, reboot, and see if it is better. I believe you might be able to uninstall a couple of games now, but nothing you are going to uninstall is going to change screen responsiveness on a model 3 at all (other than making sure you dont have some huge music collection on USB or a full USB drive).

Reactions: GtiMart