Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else having problems with catching the window buttons?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
Almost every time I close or open the drivers door I seem to open a window accidentally by catching one of the buttons on the drivers door. Luckily Teslafi notifies me if I don't notice, but its getting annoying now. anybody know of a cover to stop this?

I think its because the seat is all the way back, normal driving position for me, and theres only just enough room for my hand to get to the door handle to open the door ..if you get what I mean and large hands mean i seem to catch the buttons.. with them being almost silent and me making the noise getting out of the car its eas to not notice that one or the other has opened especially the rear ones. Iy happened again last night .. I noiced an eail from Teslafi this morning at 0030 that the window was open. Even though I heard the beep of the car locking...Frustrating!!

Almost every time I close or open the drivers door I seem to open a window accidentally by catching one of the buttons on the drivers door. Luckily Teslafi notifies me if I don't notice, but its getting annoying now. anybody know of a cover to stop this?
We have had our car since August and it has started happening to us in the last few days. Time to sit down and re-calibrate the windows.

After a rain storm last night, I can out and found two of our windows down, is there a treat thy I can do on the Tesla app to notify us when the windows are down?

Having windows slightly open happens to me on a regular basis, at least once a week. I usually only notice when I’m driving and it’s noisier than normal. The amount they are down looks exactly as if they haven’t gone back up again after I’ve closed a door. I’m certain I’m not touching the buttons.

I had a similar problem when my windows would randomly open when I was not present when I first received my car. Again like many I thought I must have caught a button on exit but this was not the case. I have my car covered by a cctv camera and caught it one day opening a rear window half way on its own. At the time I heard a lot of others have this problem on a model 3. I did the reset window process and it seems to be fixed, not sure it it was that or a later software update that fixed the problem.