Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else snap a visor clip yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife got home from work and told me that she accidentally snapped the clip holding the visor in place while trying to adjust it. I asked if she pulled the visor down vs out and she showed me on the other visor that she was pulling out...only to have the other clip snap too....you can't make this stuff up

Anybody else have this happen? It seems like the plastic holding the clip in place is super brittle and was never meant to last long

MVIMG_20190521_182706.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: chinnam3
It happened to me too and looks identical to yours. I’ve scheduled a service appointment and they’ll let me know whether they’ll send someone to me instead.

I scheduled service via the app and just got a text saying that mobile service would be contacting me in the next couple days.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Love this car, but it's crazy how flimsy this part is. Would it really have been that much more expensive to make the plastic 1mm thicker?

Just picked up my 3 from service. Looks like a tech broke my passenger visor. Rather then replace it he jury rigged it (likely so no one knows he broke it). Issue is that the cap won’t go on, so he literally held it in place and closed the visor over it. Tesla has got to have the absolute worst techs in the auto industry. Picked up my 3 on March 26th and still getting issues fixed!

Attachments

• 7A341CFB-DFBE-496D-83B8-8A7AE2DB0BEB.jpeg
    7A341CFB-DFBE-496D-83B8-8A7AE2DB0BEB.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 408
  • Informative
Reactions: M3totms
To make matters worse I tried to explain the issue and sent them pictures but they still want me to come in so they can take a look at it. I asked that they just order the part and mail it to me, or at least order it so I don’t show up for nothing, but no luck. ‍♂️

To make matters worse I tried to explain the issue and sent them pictures but they still want me to come in so they can take a look at it. I asked that they just order the part and mail it to me, or at least order it so I don’t show up for nothing, but no luck. ‍♂️

They won't mail parts under warranty. If you wanted to buy the part you could probably do that and have them ship it you.

Just as an update, mobile service came out and replaced the broken clips. However, they didn't come with the screw or screw cover, so it's a good thing I saved the broken hardware and could use screw/cover from them. I had also asked that they order an extra replacement to leave with me in case this happens again which they did.

All in all, an ok first mobile service experience. Tech was a nice guy and it was an easy fix, though clearly wasn't completely prepared with all the correct parts. Moral of the story: don't throw away the broken stuff until it is fixed

Still waiting here. Had a June 20th appointment. Was cancelled by Tesla as the part wasn’t available. The only consolation I have is that I got a buddy to cancel his ModelX order. He couldn’t believe all the small issues I have and how Tesla dropped me like a bad habit after the purchase.

I had service get in touch with me over my broken clip and they later confirmed an appointment (no discussion of a service tech coming to my home). This took place in the Hamburg Service Center (I live in Germany) and took about an hour. They were very pleasant and friendly and the repair seems fine. It seems like a very flimsy piece so I hope they improve it!

• Helpful
Reactions: hcdavis3
Tesla has got to have the absolute worst techs in the auto industry.

Don’t know... When Ford was doing all those recalls due to the deadly airbags I had my airbags replaced and when I went to pick up the car the tech pulled it around and let me drive off with no power steering. I didn’t realize it till I was half way out into the road and the truck wasn’t turning.

That really pissed me off. Then when I asked them to look at it they told me it couldn’t haven been on them but they’d be happy to charge me a diagnostic. They did the diagnostic and told me they could fix it for one price but when I picked it up it was a different price. I had to wait AN HOUR to get it corrected.

The my Toyota just recently I was having issues with battery and they told me it was a bad battery and replaced it. Turned out it was not that, it was a bad cable... they fixed it for free which was OK but while they were there they noticed the breaks were very loose (which I agreed with) and they said they needed to bleed the air out of the break line... I said, ok... then like 2 weeks later (I don’t really drive it at all) i was wondering where my car was at and they said it had been ready for some time but someone had backed into it and left a note. WTF? No call?

The damage was non-existent but the brakes still were loose.. i has them look at it again and they said the rotors were bad. I agreed to pay for the new rotors but demanded they offset them with the cost to bleed the breaks, which they did. BUT it still didn’t work... they had to work on it again... I’m not sure exactly what the issue ended up being since I didn’t pick it up myself last time.... seems like they got it solved but god damn....

So I think that auto techs just aren’t able to keep up with the ever changing increasingly advanced cars... not a uniquely Tesla problem.

Just picked up my 3 from service. Looks like a tech broke my passenger visor. Rather then replace it he jury rigged it (likely so no one knows he broke it). Issue is that the cap won’t go on, so he literally held it in place and closed the visor over it. Tesla has got to have the absolute worst techs in the auto industry. Picked up my 3 on March 26th and still getting issues fixed!
I hate to say it, but I’ve dealt with worse (or equally bad) techs at BMW, Dodge, and Ford. I’ve had good luck with Honda, but I think this is an industry wide problem, not just a Tesla issue. Now the back order on costs.... well, Elon has to own that.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Looks like a good candidate for a 3D printed replacement once we’re out of warranty. There are plenty of public models to give a functional replacement, but I’d probably design something to be a little more OEM looking when the time came.