Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else with FSD just get an offer to upgrade to FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are all correct. It's vaporware for now. BUT some of the future update features will be for cars with FSD purchased even if actual full self driving doesn't come for years. Plus Tesla owners are an interesting bunch: look at some threads about MCU 2.0 cars, some owners are ready to hang themselves since they didn't get Netflix :))). Imagine what will happen when a real feature is released for FSD cars only?

In any case, I purchased FSD this past February for $2k during a fire sale. Just had my car upgraded to HW3 and probably only that is worth $2k.

Imagine what will happen when a real feature is released for FSD cars only?

In any case, I purchased FSD this past February for $2k during a fire sale. Just had my car upgraded to HW3 and probably only that is worth $2k.

Good point re: need for every tiny feature.

Did you have to chase to get that HW3 upgrade and what was your car spec originally? When you decided to go for FSD, was it anything other than a complete gamble with no idea what - if anything - you would actually get?

You guys are all correct. It's vaporware for now. BUT some of the future update features will be for cars with FSD purchased even if actual full self driving doesn't come for years. Plus Tesla owners are an interesting bunch: look at some threads about MCU 2.0 cars, some owners are ready to hang themselves since they didn't get Netflix :))). Imagine what will happen when a real feature is released for FSD cars only?

Yea but you’re still a subset. As far as I’m aware MCU1/AP2.0 owners still don’t and never will have that option. For us, FSD is just an invoice

My understanding is that eMMC as a technology is not intended for heavy 'write' loads. Dumping large (and ?needless?) writes onto this eMMC chip is almost bound to cause problems.

Like stuffing body panels with foam rubber / sponge for 'sound proofing' also rotted out metal super fast back in the 70's

Fun fact, the Model X rear HVAC ducting uses the same foam. We found that out when ours had to be replaced due to “melting” on our AP1X and were told it’ll most like continue to happen again with time.

Good point re: need for every tiny feature.

Did you have to chase to get that HW3 upgrade and what was your car spec originally? When you decided to go for FSD, was it anything other than a complete gamble with no idea what - if anything - you would actually get?

When I purchased it I got nothing. But consensus was that purchasing FSD will get you at least HW3 upgrade which it did. For $2k I thought it was with a gamble. For $6k, I wouldn’t do it. When I saw upgrades started happening, I contacted my local SC through the app and was very surprised that I actually got a call to schedule it.

To add insult to injury, they actually charge state tax on FSD purchase!!!! So my total was $2150. It you buy FSD in CA for 6k, you’d pay almost 7k.