Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody have a 2020 model x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All black and white Model X should have lower white dash like the photo on their website, carbon fiber or not. If it doesn't, its a mistake.

They'll fix it if you point to the website photos and ask them to. If you prefer Black, count yourself lucky ;)

I
All black and white Model X should have lower white dash like the photo on their website, carbon fiber or not. If it doesn't, its a mistake.

They'll fix it if you point to the website photos and ask them to. If you prefer Black, count yourself lucky ;)

yea I showed them the website And an image I attached of an x I knew was delivered just a few weeks earlier just didn’t pay attention to the vin to know if it was a 19 or 20

Attachments

• 7D7366CC-9D25-4090-BEA6-AF800785A9AD.jpeg
    7D7366CC-9D25-4090-BEA6-AF800785A9AD.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 92
I was scheduled for delivery of my Model X tomorrow (10/26) in Florida. I received a phone call today informing me that my car arrived yesterday but they can’t deliver it to me because it’s a 2020 Model and Tesla hasn’t been cleared by the state to sell cars with 2020 Vin #’s yet. Does this sound legit? Anyone else hear of such a thing?

I was scheduled for delivery of my Model X tomorrow (10/26) in Florida. I received a phone call today informing me that my car arrived yesterday but they can’t deliver it to me because it’s a 2020 Model and Tesla hasn’t been cleared by the state to sell cars with 2020 Vin #’s yet. Does this sound legit? Anyone else hear of such a thing?

Yep, every new "model year" has to go through homologation. And Tesla switch to 2020 VINs much earlier this year, and it appears they didn't get all their paperwork in order fast enough.

Yeah, they told me the same thing in Indiana, except they didn't tell me until an hour before my delivery yesterday. I was pretty ticked off.

In Texas They seem to be good to go. They said they will be done fixing my list of stuff by next Friday. Been watching the car from the app seems to be some activity.