Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody install an Ohmmu battery in their X? Looking for feedback.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys.

I installed the Ohmmu in my X in February.

TODAY I get the error message!

I’m not sure what to do as service wants me to bring it in to have it changed but I just purchased this battery in February!!

Attachments

• 7892CB3F-DEF0-4F02-9F78-51635088CB62.jpeg
    7892CB3F-DEF0-4F02-9F78-51635088CB62.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 352
Reactions: Aaron14902
Ok guys.
I’m not sure what to do as service wants me to bring it in to have it changed but I just purchased this battery in February!!
Did you contact Ohmmu support ???? since they have a "4 Years Full-Replacement Warranty" [48 months from date of purchase 100% replacement coverage for performance failure of any sort. ... To file warranty claim contact us via web-chat or send email to [email protected], be sure to include a description of claim and photos (if applicable); Replacement units are sent within 24hrs (on business-days) of approval of claim along with a return shipping label for the warrantied unit.]

ASIDE: I was going to give my OEM 12v to a local 'autozone' or something but perhaps I'll keep it for emergencies.
Seems like you could just wire them in parallel in a pinch. Heck wouldn't 12g copper work in an emergency for this.
connecting-batteries-series-and-parallel.gif

Gauge-Chart.jpg

Last edited:
Did you contact Ohmmu support ???? since they have a "4 Years Full-Replacement Warranty" [48 months from date of purchase 100% replacement coverage for performance failure of any sort. ... To file warranty claim contact us via web-chat or send email to [email protected], be sure to include a description of claim and photos (if applicable); Replacement units are sent within 24hrs (on business-days) of approval of claim along with a return shipping label for the warrantied unit.]

ASIDE: I was going to give my OEM 12v to a local 'autozone' or something but perhaps I'll keep it for emergencies.
Seems like you could just wire them in parallel in a pinch. Heck wouldn't 12g copper work in an emergency for this.
connecting-batteries-series-and-parallel.gif

Gauge-Chart.jpg
The battery is fine.
After update I got the message.
Today I did hard reset and message is gone but I need to know what Ohmmu is doing to help it not return.

I did a road trip from Thu-Sat. It was to a hotel/waterpark 3 hrs away ... so drive there Thru 4/12 and return Sat 4/14.
On Sunday, I moved my car out of the garage and saw this message: 12V battery must be replaced - Schedule service
Contacted Ohmmu support and they had me do the change Tire Configuration (service menu) size and change it back.
The message went away. Apparently, for the duration of that message, the car will keep the DC-to-DC converter going (ie. steady ~13.3v).
... well that is still being evaluated because my voltage is still a steady-state ~ 13.3 even after that message disappeared.

If I get this on a longer road trip at least it will be easy to resolve in a few minutes and my 12v monitor showed the battery being just fine.
[/quote]Manual: (GTW_w174) - 12V battery must be replaced - Schedule service - Software will not update until battery is replaced - The low voltage battery is showing degraded performance and needs to be replaced. Until the low voltage battery is replaced, vehicle software updates will not complete.[/quote]

My 12v install was on 04-23-2022
TeslaFI OTA install history.
04-29-2022 - 2022.12.3.2
04-21-2022 - 2022.12.3.1
04-13-2022 - 2022.12.1

Here are my 12v battery voltage charts related to the events.

iCWL6b4.jpg

V9pAUTf.jpg

iLAWBQB.jpg

GYnSey5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RabidYak
I did a road trip from Thu-Sat. It was to a hotel/waterpark 3 hrs away ... so drive there Thru 4/12 and return Sat 4/14.
On Sunday, I moved my car out of the garage and saw this message: 12V battery must be replaced - Schedule service
Contacted Ohmmu support and they had me do the change Tire Configuration (service menu) size and change it back.
The message went away. Apparently, for the duration of that message, the car will keep the DC-to-DC converter going (ie. steady ~13.3v).
... well that is still being evaluated because my voltage is still a steady-state ~ 13.3 even after that message disappeared.

Actually, the DC-DC converter is always running, whether the car is on or off. That is why you always see 13.3v. That is the float voltage for the original AGM battery that came with the car. The nominal voltage of the AGM with no charge (or load) being applied is 12.6. If it ever needs a boost, the converter will rise to 13.6 (perhaps higher).

Actually, the DC-DC converter is always running, whether the car is on or off. That is why you always see 13.3v. That is the float voltage for the original AGM battery that came with the car. The nominal voltage of the AGM with no charge (or load) being applied is 12.6. If it ever needs a boost, the converter will rise to 13.6 (perhaps higher).
You can see in my 7 day chart it was regularly at 14.2v. This goes back months actually. At one point in a prior OTA it may stay around ~13.3 for a duration.
Only since this message has it stayed around 13.3v (and even after I did the tire config trick it has stayed there so far.)

Ok guys.

I just got the same message this morning. My 12V is 4mo with 4,000 miles on it. I reached out to Ohmmu so we'll see what they say. So your update came after the message?

I just got the same message this morning. My 12V is 4mo with 4,000 miles on it. I reached out to Ohmmu so we'll see what they say. So your update came after the message?
Ohmmu replied back with the wheel config reset and it cleared the error. I keep on forgetting about this method and it seems like a deeper cycle than powering off. You can hear loud clicks that I assume are physically disconnecting something.

Reactions: RabidYak
Can you provide a link?

I don't see anything on their website, but here's a post on TMC:

I do see them listed at our distributor though with what appears to be two AH ratings. Not sure though.
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 11.43.43.png

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200