TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anybody still waiting for sunshade?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by AndyW, Mar 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AndyW

AndyW Member

Took delivery May 2016. Got email in June said Sunshade is being sent out but that was the end of it. Inquired with Tesla support several times, every time they said its still in the process of being sent out. Just wondering if anyone still waiting as well.

2. Terthen

Terthen Member

I feel like they should be able to get you these. I picked up my car in 12/2016 and received sunshade with the car.

3. DougH

DougH Active Member

Mine came with the car and I never use it. I wish it was solid fabric and not a net.

4. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I got the Tesla sunshade a few months after getting the car but I am still waiting for a "real sunshade". This is working for now:

5. OzSimon

OzSimon Member

I think it works pretty well, would like solid option. Also falls down over speed bumps.

6. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Same story as you. Purchased in late June, was told I would receive the sun shade and trailer hitch bag later, but after several times contacting, I still have neither. I like using the sunshade quite often, and I'm currently borrowing one from someone who doesn't want it.

7. carlshome

carlshome Member

I took delivery in March 23, 2016, and the sunshade arrived Oct 13, 2016. It arrived with no advance notice and included no instructions. Although it is pretty obvious how to install it. I put it up and decided it would be good for a super sunny climate, but for where I live in Northern California, it will be of minimal use. Plus it just ruins the value of the giant windshield that both my wife and I enjoy. So I put it away for whomever is the next owner.