Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody try Sailun E-range tires for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a quote from local tire installer - $1200 (CAD) for set of four installed vs. $2400 CAD for Tesla to install the OEM Contis. I am very tempted but can't find a single review on a X. I'm not fussy about high performance - want a tire that will last, quiet and efficient.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
almost every heavy vehicle with xl low profile tires i have seen (and i have looked at thousands as cars are my business) with no brand tires had blisters on sidewalls of tires or a bent rim with corresponding blister on the sidewall- mostly on the inside. to me that is a clear indication that the sidewalls of those tires are not stiff enough.

the cheapest xl tires i would consider are by sumitomo, hankook and the other "second tier" manufacturers (although i really like hankook for autox, but then again rarely we drive xl tires/ vehicles on those events so their xl tires might be just as bad)

so... pro tip - when you are driving a 3 ton vehicle i would generally stick to name brands and qualify tires.

Got a quote from local tire installer - $1200 (CAD) for set of four installed vs. $2400 CAD for Tesla to install the OEM Contis. I am very tempted but can't find a single review on a X. I'm not fussy about high performance - want a tire that will last, quiet and efficient.
Do you mind sharing which installer gave the $1200 installed price. I just got a quote here in Ottawa for over $1500 for the same tires on my X. I am really interested in trying these tires for the summer season.

I had issues finding them as well - got the $1200 quote and when i went to schedule time they changed tune and couldn't get them for weeks. I'm riding on almost no tread depth so needed to source sooner. Found a place in Markhim ON called Taylor tires - they quoted $1310 installed with taxes in and were able to source them for tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted on how they work out.

Ok everyone - i took the Sailun Erange plunge today and got a set of four mounted for $1310 CAD out the door at local Taylor Tire!!
I must admit i was a bit nervous but after the 50km drive back over mixed highway/street i can confirm range improved slightly over the OEM Contis, noise was better except for a rough piece of freeway that was under construction (was very loud over this stretch). I'm not an aggressive / performance minded driver so really didn't feel any differences handling turns/corners. All in all my experience consistent with the more professional YouTube review above.

Rain/wet traction will be the next test and i expect range to improve even further as they break in a bit (this is the big bonus for me given most of my long range driving happens in the summer up to the cottage). In winter I use dedicated Michelin Alpin snow tires which have been rock solid and don't plan to run these in any snow.

If I can get close to 50000 Kms on these i would be thrilled at the price point vs my experience with OEM Contis which was approx 35,000 km and $2400.

Purchase experience was a challenge here in Toronto area with 9/10 places I reached out to unable to source stock in near term. Guess i got lucky with Taylor tire as they had one set in Toronto warehouse and they had another set shipped from Ottawa warehouse.

I'll post back here as i have more to share.

Last edited:
Ok everyone - i took the Sailun Erange plunge today and got a set of four mounted for $1310 CAD out the door at local Taylor Tire!!
I must admit i was a bit nervous but after the 50km drive back over mixed highway/street i can confirm range improved slightly over the OEM Contis, noise was better except for a rough piece of freeway that was under construction (was very loud over this stretch). I'm not an aggressive / performance minded driver so really didn't feel any differences handling turns/corners. All in all my experience consistent with the more professional YouTube review above.

Rain/wet traction will be the next test and i expect range to improve even further as they break in a bit (this is the big bonus for me given most of my long range driving happens in the summer up to the cottage). In winter I use dedicated Michelin Alpin snow tires which have been rock solid and don't plan to run these in any snow.

If I can get close to 50000 Kms on these i would be thrilled at the price point vs my experience with OEM Contis which was approx 35,000 km and $2400.

Purchase experience was a challenge here in Toronto area with 9/10 places I reached out to unable to source stock in near term. Guess i got lucky with Taylor tire as they had one set in Toronto warehouse and they had another set shipped from Ottawa warehouse.

I'll post back here as i have more to share.
It's incredible that your range is good for the first 50km. New tires usually have awful range for the first 1000 km or so. If they're good right away, they'll be great soon.

Update after 750 Kms and some pretty wet and coolish weather here in Toronto… still seeing 5% better range. 248 wh/km on the Contis before change and 235 wh/km after the change. Wife loves how quiet they are and no issues in some of the recent heavy rains

After a week of intense rain here in Toronto the Sailun's have held up great including one panic stop in pouring rain on highway. We're up to 1200 kms now.
My wife can't tell of any degradation from the Conti's. Noise is definitely better and we continue to see ~5% range improvement. If these can get 60,000kms i'd be a happy camper (that would be 3+ years for us since we run dedicated winters)

Reactions: fiehlsport