Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody used A-Premium suspension parts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI folks,

Poking around online, I stumbled across A-premium aftermarket OE replacement suspension parts. I've been shopping for some stock shocks or spring/shock combo from a later-model M3 assuming that minor improvements by tesla over the last few years may have resulted in a better ride quality compared to my early 2019 SR+. The problem I'm running into is that no sellers seem to know what year M3 their parts came off of or whether it was a SR, MR or LR (were the damping or spring rates different for the heavier batteries?)

Anyhoo, this is the product I found. Also no reference to battery size, but the price for a new assembled strut with spring and tophat is really attractive: A-Premium.com | 2x Front Complete Strut & Coil Spring Assembly for Tesla 3 2017-2021 RWD-28704198447444720

I know there will be plenty of conjecture (i.e. cheap chinese aftermarket parts, you get what you pay for, etc). Please save the conjecture unless you have experience with this particular company or know something about the product.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, if you are seeking ride quality, and your factory dampers are otherwise intact, I would be very surprised if a $262 complete Coilovers set achieves that. They may be functional in mitigating a blown damper, but they would almost certainly fatigue in short order and would almost certainly not reflect any deliberate improvements from Tesla.

Reactions: XPsionic
If you want a softer suspension for cheap, buy OEM takeoffs from a 2021+ Model 3 owner who upgraded their suspension. I think sets get posted for sale here regularly.

I believe the spring rates or lengths vary based on vehicle weight front and rear. Best to get takeoffs from a Model 3 with similar weight and same motor count as yours (single vs dual motor). Plus I believe the front shock forks are different based on whether or not you have a front motor.

I suspect - I could be wrong! - that most or all of the 2021+ suspension softness, compared to your 2019, is from the damping. If you find a 2021+ suspension that is correct for your motor count (RWD vs AWD), but the spring rates are probably off for your car (e.g. NCA SR+ vs LR), maybe you could combine the newer dampers with your original springs.

Don't buy those, they're cheap for a reason. The fact that they don't even list different setups for a SR vs Performance shows you that they don't care to tune the springs and dampers properly. None of the Tesla's fine tuning and improvement in the 2021+ model range would be reflected in these dampers.

These are cheaper than a set of decent front forks for a mountain bike, lol

Last edited:
I too have a 2019 RWD SR+, and I too am looking to improve the ride. I would consider buying new from Tesla if I understood the codes at Stock-Tesla. I would like to assume that a LR car has a higher rated spring than a SR, but sometimes I feel they might have the same spring. Can I assume E3 is 2019-2021 and E1 is post 2021. Example:
DAMPER ASSY FRONT-LEFT COIL RWD E1/RR Tesla model 3 1044364-00-G
For starters what does RR denote?