Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought 90D from Tesla used sales - Degradation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone purchased a used 90D from Tesla used sales?

I know of, and have read the 90D degradation claims and evidence, however, Tesla assures that it is hit or miss, but more miss than problematic. It made me think about if they knew about the issue, and were "Cherry picking" cars that were less likely to have issued.
Eg. Low SC etc.

Curious if anyone had purchased one from Tesla, and what the 90% charge or range was at?

I am looking at this 90D and a few others.

Thanks for your input.

It made me think about if they knew about the issue, and were "Cherry picking" cars that were less likely to have issued.
Eg. Low SC etc..

My general thought is you are attributing far too much coordination and forethought to a company that has generally exhibited none. ;)

I think others have reported you can ask them what the reported range at 100% is before buying?

Something is not right. I don't think they made the 90 until 2016. I have one of the last 85Ds that was delivered in early March, 2016 (it was built in late February). I wanted delivery of my car in May, and they called me to upgrade the battery, and I refused. This caused the early delivery since they were discontinuing the 85.

I know there are a lot of issues with the early 90s. There was fast degradation, and I believe they had slow supercharging issues as well. You can search the forums. They tried a new battery chemistry that turned out to be problematic. My understanding is they went back to the old chemistry on the 100 models. Careful with this car.

All,

Could you kindly share your degradation metrics on your Tesla Model S. I too have had about 13% degradation, and Tesla is not willing to stand behind their product. As a proud owner and a shareholder, I am very disappointed by this. I have other Evs, and the degradation has been nothing close to this. I do feel the 90-pack has some issues that have not been present in the 85.

I have created a public Google sheet aimed at tracking Tesla Model S degradation vs Mileage. Can you share your numbers:

Tesla Model S Battery Degradation

(Please share and circulate this post)

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike