Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought the track package for a daily driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't fly anywhere until they've posted 100+ high resolution photos. Currently, there aren't any.
Yeah. The car is in transit. Looks like they bought it from a carmax auction in CA. Arriving Monday. I'll take a close look at the photos and then fly down... If it is ultra red, that would indicate it was built 2023 after the last set of changes. So, the only thing it's missing is the center horn. I'm cool with that. Unclear if it is yoke or wheel....

I don't know why someone would get rid of their Plaid after less than a year and 12k miles, though... Hopefully not a lemon buyback and then auction... I wonder if Tesla buys it back, does that show in the carfax?

Yeah. The car is in transit. Looks like they bought it from a carmax auction in CA. Arriving Monday. I'll take a close look at the photos and then fly down... If it is ultra red, that would indicate it was built 2023 after the last set of changes. So, the only thing it's missing is the center horn. I'm cool with that. Unclear if it is yoke or wheel....

I don't know why someone would get rid of their Plaid after less than a year and 12k miles, though... Hopefully not a lemon buyback and then auction... I wonder if Tesla buys it back, does that show in the carfax?

A retrofit is likely in your future so it almost doesn't matter if it's a yoke or wheel.

The seat has fewer wrinkles than the car I rejected yesterday.... 😅 🤞
1710441812185.png

Can someone let me know what to look for on a car with the track package? I just saw one listed that supposedly has the track pack. I can see the wheels and what looks like bigger brakes. Yup, can see the carbon ceramic rotors. I assume it should also say something on the "additional vehicle information" screen under software about the brakes?

I just saw a '23 with the track pack pop up for sale for $87k. I was going to go new, but that's pretty compelling. Looks like it was auctioned through Carmax, but I can't see the price.
I see that too, in Roswell GA? I’m also interested in it lol

I use to daily the stock set up for a while until i caught a nail in the tire. They werent too bad when I used them in the summer but they definitely kick up a ton of rocks. Im on michelin PS4S in the same size now with over 8k miles since first getting the track pack. Only thing i dislike is Tesla still hasnt put an option for the 20 inch wheels so the speedometer is still off.
Rim size doesn’t change circumstances. Speedometer will be the same.

I stand corrected………

Last edited:
I think he means that there isn't a perfect match tire size with 20" rims, so the diameter ends up a bit smaller than stock.
I just put the 19’ rear tire and wheel in the computer vs the 20’ track pack rims and tires and yes they are different (wow.) I know for a fact the tesla software doesn’t account for difference in the diameter. (Basically its for a different looking picture for the app)
Yes it’s actually off -2.8%. At actual 200mph ur really doing 193 ish.

Attachments

• IMG_0381.png
    IMG_0381.png
    777 KB · Views: 13
I just put the 19’ rear tire and wheel in the computer vs the 20’ track pack rims and tires and yes they are different (wow.) I know for a fact the tesla software doesn’t account for difference in the diameter. (Basically its for a different looking picture for the app)
And 305/35/r20 is too tall, right?

That is what i thought too but the first video car has the full track pack setup and looks like it hit 200 or 323 kph on the draggy in the video. And the second one i think its on the 21s and was able to hit 324 kph on draggy.

Reactions: GonePlaid