Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone buy Klasse Apex 19s from Kal Tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a set of these after hearing a few other owners got them for their winter tires. Now Kal Tire is telling me that they do not have and cannot get appropriately-sized hub centric rings, and that I'll have to get them custom machined for $120/ea. For folks who have them: are you running lug centric, or do you have hub centric rings that fit, and if so where did you get them and what size are they?

FWIW, Kal Tire later retracted their original stance that a special extra-deep ring would be required, and found that there was in fact not enough room to fit a standard ring with any sort of aftermarket wheel at all (which I also don't believe). They eventually agreed to take back the ones they sold me and give me a new set that is hubcentric for Teslas (Replika R187)

FWIW, Kal Tire later retracted their original stance that a special extra-deep ring would be required, and found that there was in fact not enough room to fit a standard ring with any sort of aftermarket wheel at all (which I also don't believe). They eventually agreed to take back the ones they sold me and give me a new set that is hubcentric for Teslas (Replika R187)
ooohhhh... hadn't seen those wheels before. Do you mind if I ask what KalTire wanted for those? (though it's really a little late for me as my 2nd set of Rial's arrive tomorrow from tire-rack (summer tires))

Looks good, from their web site.
https://www.replika.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=r187&fn=gloss+gunmetal&v=tesla_2015_model+s_70d-70d_s_pp#

Canadian company, nice.

Seeing is believing. $210 CDN per rim, good price for Canadian made rims!
Thanks to Hammad at Kal Tire for the fantastic service today:
Winter Tires and Rims - Canadian Availability

Replika_R187_backside.jpg

They look great! Something I'd about the choice of centre cap though. Maybe Nedd a decal or a paint job? (Don't suppose they fit the standard tesla centre caps do they? )
Those are the Tesla center caps. The OEM 5 spokes are now my winter rims. These Replika's take the Tesla center caps and fit perfectly on Tesla S with no additional mounting hardware! I just forgot to get a set of Tesla grey caps...my bad.

Kal Tire offered to redo the mounting with the Tesla grey caps, no charge! Will likely end up doing so.
Love the service I get there.

I don't go to Tesla for stuff like this, I'd prefer Tesla focus on service work on the important stuff and not be doing things that can be done just as well elsewhere. I tell other owners the same, as that would make Tesla more efficient overall IMHO.

Any feedback on the replika? I'm looking at these for my winter setup.

Sitting in our hotel room overlooking the Tobermory Little Tub harbour right now. We were sitting out on the deck for an hour tonight enjoying the view/sunset.

Our Tesla is charging on 110V below us in the front of the hotel. No joking, 30+ people in that past hour stopped and checked out the car.

One memorable one was a guy who said "look how hot that Tesla looks" and his wife said "keep dreaming". :p The other interesting one was the lady that went so far as to investigate the charging cable connection to the hotel 110V outside outlet.

These rims really stand out from the standard rims. We've put >10000 km on them and they've held up perfectly. The cornering performance is every bit as good as the stock rims with the OEM goodyears.

For such a low price, I would think these Replika's would be sold out compared to the much pricier turbine looks rims that look similar. Could not recommend these any more highly.

I would always recommend getting a Hubcentric wheel for the tesla. These cars have extremely small hubs so traditional hubrings tend not to work well.

As for the Replika R187, these are great wheels but are not manufactured in Canada. Fast wheels the parent company is based in Montreal but all wheels are manufactured overseas.

I sell the 19" R187 for $195/per wheel +HST if anyone is looking for winter wheels and located in the GTA. (Exclusive Wheel and Tire is my company we are located in Ajax)

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Any feedback on the replika? I'm looking at these for my winter setup.

I quite like the Replikas. I drove to the west coast and back with the stock 19s earlier this year, and with the Replikas in June. I had no problems, or complaints. I didn't notice a difference in energy use that I could attribute to the wheels, nor a difference in handling. I did meet a Tesla employee who thought they were OEM Turbines.

Reactions: SmartElectric