Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else get a call today about the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend who put down a reservation for the Model 3 got a call today stating that it would be about 3 years before he would get his Model 3. He said they stated something about getting a Model S. Not sure if it was just a sales call just to see if they could push some of the people towards getting a S instead.

Out of a bunch of us(friends) reservation holders, he was the only one to get a phone call.

My friend who put down a reservation for the Model 3 got a call today stating that it would be about 3 years before he would get his Model 3. He said they stated something about getting a Model S. Not sure if it was just a sales call just to see if they could push some of the people towards getting a S instead.

Out of a bunch of us(friends) reservation holders, he was the only one to get a phone call.
I wonder if the call was a scam. Any caller id?

I'd be offended if I got such a call from Tesla assuming it was legit..

Last edited:
Reactions: cheshire cat

3 Years? I would hope this isn't Tesla calling. He reserved on unveil day. If he also lives in the SFO area, he should have his before the end of 2017. Either Elon is yanking our chain about production, or this sales person is using sales tactics that fly in the face of how Tesla presents it's direct sales model.

3 Years? I would hope this isn't Tesla calling. He reserved on unveil day. If he also lives in the SFO area, he should have his before the end of 2017. Either Elon is yanking our chain about production, or this sales person is using sales tactics that fly in the face of how Tesla presents it's direct sales model.
I believe a true comment such as this would be posted somewhere official. The call was either a hoax or the OP is shady. lol

Why would I be shady and what would I gain from this? Just curious?
We think someone was punking your friend... google the phone number on his caller ID and see if something associated with Tesla shows up.

Many people who have Model 3 reservations tell pretty much everyone they know, so the circle of friends who might have pulled a prank would be quite large.

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Did they also tell him that his current car was in high demand and could be worth up to $nn, nnn?

I look forward to getting such a phone call. There would be two responses: "Perfect! I didn't want to replace my current car until 2019 anyway." or "If I have to wait 3 years for a Model 3, then I certainly don't want a Model S. I'm not going to buy a car from a company that'll soon be bankrupt."

• Funny
Reactions: SΞXY P100D
There is no way that was legit. Why would Tesla tell someone there is going to be a 3 year wait a month after announcing a huge ramp up in production? How would a 1 in a thousand chance of converting a reservation to MS order be worth a very possible cancelled reservation in addition to what would be some very very bad press?

A three year lead time from the Reveal would be disastrous for Tesla. There's no way Elon would allow that to happen again, especially with their "make-or-break" model. I predict a six month delays is the most they could safely absorb without serious repercussions.