Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else in or traveling through SK see a Time Zone bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car's supposed to finally get this fixed, but for the last month its clock has been 1hr behind. It happened on my trip through the Prairies. I'd come up through ND to SK, then to AB, back to SK, and then through MB and Western ON before turning South and returning to Houston. ((incidentally about 6700mi)).

At the SK to MB, where the time change is this time of year**, my cell phone moved 1 hr forward but the car didn't. I don't know if it was just an odd hiccup, or if it was the particular time zone change sequence I went through? Hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow when I pick up the car, but it has been kinda annoying.

** For those that don't know, SK is one of two places in North America that is a refuge from Daylight Savings Time madness. So the time change is on the AB border in the winter, the MB border in the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hugh Mannity
At the SK to MB, where the time change is this time of year**, my cell phone moved 1 hr forward but the car didn't. I don't know if it was just an odd hiccup, or if it was the particular time zone change sequence I went through?

I ran into a similar problem when I drove my Model 3 from Calgary to Kelowna: the car didn’t update its clock when I crossed the time zone change. After a few days, I tried a long-press (10 seconds) on the clock on the touch screen and the clock updated to the correct time shortly afterwards. It might have been a coincidence, but it’s worth a try!

• Informative
Reactions: SammichLover
I ran into a similar problem when I drove my Model 3 from Calgary to Kelowna: the car didn’t update its clock when I crossed the time zone change. After a few days, I tried a long-press (10 seconds) on the clock on the touch screen and the clock updated to the correct time shortly afterwards. It might have been a coincidence, but it’s worth a try!
That was tried, and even a full 3 min power off. A few times. Issue persisted through a software update, even.

Car is on the way home & the SC reported issue was fixed. Don’t know what it took. I got a notification they did patch update but it’s still listed as 24.4, so maybe they did so sort of reload? Don’t know if it is related to the bug, they also were addressing a seat sensor issue. Plus I heard there’s that new Nav data package, so maybe it was that getting downloaded

Woah, nifty fix to the time zone issue was detailed in repair invoice sent to me.

06D62E8E-0B05-4002-9F17-77E40266FBF3.jpeg

Is that mentioned in the user manual anywhere?