Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone else noticed navigation maps are outdated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my 2020 LR displays mapping that is over 2 years old, at least near my home.
we have noticed some structures that were been torn down in late 2018 STILL shows on map on display.
seems odd with all this tech to see outdated mapping.

love the car, but this has been bugging me :)

Google maps are spotty at best. When I leave my condo and want to go left onto the two way street, google always wants me to travel 9 miles to the right, then make a u-turn to the other direction and pass my house 18 miles later. That's why whenever I am making a trip, I make sure to have WAZE running on my phone, and use google maps only for the super charger locations

Post a pic. Google Maps seems relatively up-to-date in my area, even though they've been building like crazy.

we have noticed some structures that were been torn down in late 2018 STILL shows on map on display.

Our office was built over 3 years ago, map still shows a field in this area.
I've seen this before with the satellite photo showing an open field but the businesses themselves are still shown on the map. A good example of this is the Eddieworld supercharger in Yermo, CA. The satellite doesn't show it but all of the business listings are there and work fine.

Check it out: Tesla Supercharger · 36017 Calico Rd, Yermo, CA 92398

Additionally, you can do a street view of this area and it shows all of the businesses properly. It just seems like the satellite photos don't get updated as regularly as the others.

Even though it shows the side streets as being there next to my house, it always gets confused when I try to drive on them. Always wants to send me around the other way thinking I'm not on a real road.

I have had considerable success sending corrections to Google Maps. Some of it has been static things like locations, such as putting a Chipotle inside Lowe's rather than at the other end of the parking lot. Likewise getting the point where road names change wrong. Some involve directions, such as getting them to fix turns and merges when they are crossed up. Telling them to take a good look at their aerial view, and street view, has helped sometimes. A key may be that I don't just say it is screwed up, I give as much detail about what they say or show vs the actual situation on the ground as possible.

Heading north on i-75 into Chattanooga interchange with i-24 Tesla has i-24 and i-75 flip-flopped and will take the wrong turn if left on navigate on autopilot. Google maps on the other hand gets it right. Very annoying.

I have the same problem. Google Maps has updated a major highway on my commute (completed five months ago), but while my Tesla maps shows the road on the display, they won't map to it. I use auto pilot now on my commute, but if I were using full self driving, I would never make it to work!