Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else with delivery estimator of Oct-Dec??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The $7500 tax credit lasts for 2 quarters *including* the quarter where the maker exceeds 200,000 cars. So it should be available to anyone buying a car in Q3 or Q4 of 2018. So if you can take delivery by end of December, you should be okay.

The $7500 tax credit lasts for 2 quarters *including* the quarter where the maker exceeds 200,000 cars. I believe tesla exceeded 200k cars on July 1st. So the credit should be available to anyone buying a car in Q3 or Q4 of 2018. So if you can take delivery by end of December, you should be okay.

yeah, but it also means people who put $1000 down 2+ years ago are getting bumped behind people who just reserved a few months ago. they could have had any valid reason for not pressing the order button immediately when they opened the floodgates on wednesday of last week...traveling for work, never got the e-mail and didn't check reddit or the forums, were off the grid for a few days camping and didn't see that reservations had been opened to configure, etc. that's three perfectly valid ones just off the top of my head.

that hardly seems fair, nor does it really mesh with tesla's stated philosophy of rewarding early adopters.

this actually makes more sense.
I completly agree with you and TESLA representative has confirmed me that Pre-order date wouldnt be taken into consideration. Whoever pull the trigger after 27 th would be given Priority.

I have been traveling that week and if iI had know TESLA has sent out invitations for everyone iI would have ordered on 27th itself and my Delivery est is Oct-Dec '18 and I am highly likely going to lose 3500 Tax Credit if i dont get car in Q3.

The $7500 tax credit lasts for 2 quarters *including* the quarter where the maker exceeds 200,000 cars. So it should be available to anyone buying a car in Q3 or Q4 of 2018. So if you can take delivery by end of December, you should be okay.

Did they every confirm when they delivered the 200k unit? Also, I've read some place that the tax credit is based on the amount you owe vs. simply a refund you will get when you file your taxes. Not exactly sure how it works. Anybody knows here, who have gotten the refund?

Did they every confirm when they delivered the 200k unit? Also, I've read some place that the tax credit is based on the amount you owe vs. simply a refund you will get when you file your taxes. Not exactly sure how it works. Anybody knows here, who have gotten the refund?
It is a tax credit, ie. a reduction in your total tax owed. If your tax bill is greater than the credit then your total taxes owed is reduced by the amount of the tax credit. If your tax liability is less than the credit them your tax liability would zero out but you wouldn't get money given to you if your tax liability is less than the credit (i.e. you can't have a zero tax bill and additional $$ coming to you from the government).

No. It looks like they are using EST . I have ordered on june 30th 11:14PM and i have spoken with TESLA representative and when she pulled up my account its 12:14AM July 1st.

What time zone are you in?

Did you by any chance ask them if you’ll still be able to get the premium connectivity?

What date do you have in your order agreement?

yeah, but it also means people who put $1000 down 2+ years ago are getting bumped behind people who just reserved a few months ago. they could have had any valid reason for not pressing the order button immediately when they opened the floodgates on wednesday of last week...traveling for work, never got the e-mail and didn't check reddit or the forums, were off the grid for a few days camping and didn't see that reservations had been opened to configure, etc. that's three perfectly valid ones just off the top of my head.

that hardly seems fair, nor does it really mesh with tesla's stated philosophy of rewarding early adopters.

this actually makes more sense.
I completly agree with you and TESLA representative has confirmed me that Pre-order date wouldnt be taken into consideration. Whoever pull the trigger after 27 th would be given Priority.

I have been traveling that week and if iI had know TESLA has sent out invitations for everyone iI would have ordered on 27th itself and my Delivery est is Oct-Dec '18 and I am highly likely going to lose 3500 Tax Credit if i
What time zone are you in?

Did you by any chance ask them if you’ll still be able to get the premium connectivity?

What date do you have in your order agreement?

I don't have an Order agreement. My delivery date hasn't been confirmed yet. TESLA Sales rep said that I would know about it when they contact me about delivery in future.

1CAE0DC3-450F-42A0-BA17-8FC01F4EC20B.png
I don't have an Order agreement. My delivery date hasn't been confirmed yet. TESLA Sales rep said that I would know about it when they contact me about delivery in future.[/QUOTE said:
That’s strange. I don’t have a date yet either but I do have an order agreement. See the pic, it’s under documents.

I see only Lemon law disclosure and may be it takes few days for Order agreement to be generated. when did you configured it.
I have configured on June 30th.
Mine appeared right away (back on the 27th). Some didn't. Some people received their's via email attachment, as well (mine wasn't but didn't notice the attachment until days later when someone said it should be there and I went back and checked).

It is a tax credit, ie. a reduction in your total tax owed. If your tax bill is greater than the credit then your total taxes owed is reduced by the amount of the tax credit. If your tax liability is less than the credit them your tax liability would zero out but you wouldn't get money given to you if your tax liability is less than the credit (i.e. you can't have a zero tax bill and additional $$ coming to you from the government).
My taxes withheld do exceed 7500 every year. But when I submit my taXes every year I get a refund about a thousand or so. Does that mean I won't be getting the 7500? Or will my refund be 7500 higher this year?

Sorry a bit confused here. Their website does not explain very well either I'm afraid.